Review Highlights
Worth the Transit Fare.

Reviewed 2 days ago
DesignNYC
New York City, New York
Fun and free with metro pass

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $14.99
from $12.96
from $30.99
1,536 results
All reviews metro card east river cable car queensboro bridge fun ride four freedoms aerial view subway fare fdr memorial smallpox hospital red bus smooth ride new york afraid of heights great view of the city manhattan skyline worth a trip
Reviewed 2 days ago

For most of my life I wouldn't be caught dead on a Tramway.... all this changed when I moved to NYC 10 years ago, and I have no idea why. Fabulous view. When you get to Roosevelt Island don't miss architect Louis Kahn's Roosevelt memorial at the south end of the island

Reviewed 5 days ago

I had seen a video of this and thought it looked a fun way to travel. It’s free If you have a seven day metro pass (totally worth getting if you use metro more than 11 times - we used it over twenty) and takes you to a tiny island in the Hudson River. There is a small park and a very modern university campus there. We went on marathon Sunday and it was a tiny green peaceful haven from the craziness of manhattan with runners watchers visitors police etc The cafe in the park was very nice too with delicious ice cream at very reasonable prices. So many things in New York are expensive and involve queueing, it’s great to take time out for stuff like this and walking Brooklyn Bridge. The journey itself makes for great pics and vids but make sure you get close to front

Reviewed 1 week ago

This tramway is actually part of the MTA subway and bus system. The fare is very reasonable The ride is only about 5 minutes but it changes your perspective of Manhattan. When I was there, there were only a couple of shops open, a pharmacy and the visitor center. Quiet stop from the madness of Manhattan. Once there, you can take the tramway back or the subway to Queens or back to Manhattan.

1  Thank Flipperroni
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The tram is a super cool ride over the east river from Manhattan to Roosevelt Island alongside the Queensboro Bridge. It's around $2.50 one way and has a great view. The ride is a few minutes long and the tram is big enough to hold probably around 30 people. When I went it wasn't crowded at all. I would totes recommend visiting.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

As a fan of the Spider-Man movies I had to ride the Tramway despite my fear of heights.

Although the tram car lifts you over the east river it was an incredibly safe and smooth ride.

You do have to be quick to get a decent view but it’s well worth it as you can get some excellent views of East Manhattan.

The Island itself is worth a visit for a scenic walk too but be mindful that it can be full of tourists on the Tramway, our return journey was (including us)!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to see the sights at a cost of only $6!

If you are in no rush it’s worth getting in the queue but waiting for the next one to get the best view.

Reviewed 1 week ago

For the price of a metro-card ride you can get amazing views of the city. It was so fun! I had no idea the tramway existed. Very easy to get on and off. Fun if you want to explore and do something different.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This Tram is another way to reach to Roosevelt island in middle of east river running between Manhattan and Queens/Brooklyn. The trip used to be free for sometime ago, but now it cost same as any subway ride (currently $2.75, each way). As to Roosevelt Island it self has developed so much that cost of living is no less than Manhattan.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I visited the Roosevelt Island Tramway on the last day of my weeks vacation in New York. My hotel was on Central Park South and I didn’t want to stray too far away after checking out. The tramway is about a 5 minute walk from Bloomingdales so I combined it with a visit to the iconic department store.

At $6 for a round-trip to Roosevelt Island and back this has got to be the best value attraction in New York City. It was nice to see some less touristy areas of New York City and to take some photos of the East River.

The crossing takes about 4 minutes in each direction so it’s great if you want to kill a little time. If you’re in this area give it a go, you won’t regret it!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So glad someone told me about this cable ride as it was adorable. For $3 each way you can ride, a metro card works here too. It was a beautiful day so we had such nice views of the city & river. We walked around a bit on the island and then rode back, loved it!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Worth a visit. It is a nice quiet get away from the rush of main Manhattan. The views are a bonus too.