“Fruit Flies” 1 of 5 bubbles

72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 270 helpful votes
“Fruit Flies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Took colleagues to Monkey Bar for lunch today. We were bombarded by fruit flies. At first it was one that I tried to swat away quietly, then I noticed my guests swatting them away as well. All through lunch. Completely unacceptable - I will never go back.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank TravelCuties

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Skip this place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband and I were looking fwd to going here. Happy to get in,etc.
I have dined at many upscale/famous Manhattan restaurants (as a tourist, not business) and was looking fwd to adding this one to my list of experiences.
They are clearly riding on their reputation/ Vanity Fair connections.
The bar was almost "divey". I was very surprised. Go and you'll see what I mean. The bartender was rude until he saw I was ordering $25 glasses of Champagne.
Hosts/hostesses snobby. Doing you a favour, kind of thing.
The food was good. Expensive, of course. Not on the same level as Daniel or La Grenouille.
The ladies' room is through the restaurant, into the adjoining hotel, up stairs, down hall. What's with that?
We were seated behind the server's station even tho the place was 1/2 filled. Maybe b/c we are "nobodies"?? That's how they made us feel.

Visited January 2011
4 Thank yesimallpacked
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great surroundings, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

We booked a table thru the Hotel Elysee for our first night dinner after an exhausting day travelling. We were shown to a small table for two on the lower section. The murals on the wall are amazing, though difficult to see in the gloom. I was glad I brought my iPhone as without it I wouldn't have been able to read the menu it was so dark. The food was excellent. After the meal, I took a photo of my wife and was told off by one of the managers. It seems you're not allowed to. So why didn't anyone say anything when they saw me lugging in a large digital SLR camera? And why was the gentleman at another table snapping away merrily, mind he did look like a regular. After dinner, we adjourned to the bar for a drink. After 10 minutes of not being acknowledged let alone served, we gave up.
We did try the bar again on a future occassion, again we were ignored so we brought it up with the hotel manager.

Visited April 2011