“Great show last night!”
Review of Gotham Comedy Club

Gotham Comedy Club
Ranked #12 of 151 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Leading comedy club and host to top talent.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went to see Amy Schumer who was great as was her opening act. Like most comedy clubs you are packed in like rats and the drink prices are sky high. That being said its decent venue and the show was very funny. We would Definetly return.

2  Thank travelnut2009

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went to see Amy Schumer on a Friday night, early show. She was Awesome and so was her opening act (unfortunately I cannot remember his name). The venue itself is pretty much what I expected. Just like any comedy club we have been to you share the table with other people. When we first arrived the doors were not officially open yet, but we were allowed to check in anyway. When you check in they ask you if you would like to sit near the stage or in the back. We asked for a spot in the middle. I appreciated that they asked if you wanted to sit near the stage or away. Since the doors were not open yet they have a bar downstairs where you can sit and relax before the show. Just like any comedy club the drinks is where they make money. We ordered two Disaronno and sours, which came to $27. If you order drinks downstairs they do not count to your two drink minimum upstairs.

When it was time to sit for the show we were seated in the middle, directly in front of the stage. The middle is still like the front row because it's such a tight space. The tables are not big enough for two people let alone having four people share it. If you don't want to be in the eye site of the comedian then definitely ask for the back, still a great view because it's a small venue. If you don't care then the front row is great. The drinks overall were good. A beer runs around $16 and the final check does include a service charge of 18 percent. I didn't try the food so I cannot comment on that. The venue was very clean, as well as their bathrooms. I enjoyed the show and plan on returning for future shows. If your are a tourist or local this is a place to visit.

3  Thank LoveTraveling1126
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Gotham City Comedy Club has very high quality stand ups we saw Bobcat Goldwaith as the headliner with two other very good comedians. There is a two drink minimum the drinks are well made and reasonably strong. The service is excellent I have never eaten the food.

2  Thank ignatsz
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This place has a convenient location and is really nice inside. The cost is ok if you don't drink too much more than your required 2 drink minimum. However, your evening will be determined based on the quality of the performers. In our case, it was not a good night. My suggestion would be to stick with someone you know if good or someone else has recommended. We have been to 3 comedy clubs in the last 9 months and we expected the 1 in NYC to be the best. NOT! The local club in Fort Mill had better performers. I know they have to work on their show, but not any my expense. Lower the ticket cost or drink count.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Went for their once a month Kids 'N Comedy show and was amazed. Not only was this a great value, $15/ticket plus one item per person cheap by NYC standards, but very enjoyeable. My kids love stand up comedy but after lots of Internet searches there are not many age appropriate shows or comedians. This show is for kids by kids (teenagers) and not only did the kids find it hysterical so did I. I was absolutely captivated by these young artists and impressed by their ease on stage, preparation of material and pure talent. It is often dificult to find things for the entire family to enjoy ata reasonable price. We are definitely going back!

4  Thank Beachfamilybum