“it's an ok venue, need a better sound system!”
Review of Terminal 5

Terminal 5
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“it's an ok venue, need a better sound system!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The concert hall is pretty large fit in NYC. It has three levels and a bar on each. The drinks I hear are pretty expensive as I didn't get anything to drink here. For exp. a guy behind me had a long island iced tea which was $15!? insane! I understand it's NYC but $15, WOW!

I decided to give the venue three stars instead of two they do book great performers but they def. need to work on their sound system. It becomes very distorted in there esp for EDM events. I attended HARD Fest NYC and 16 Bit's set was nothing but noise the sound system was that bad I could only make out one song he played since the bass didn't distort it out.

Also have better security on your top levels too. People were taking their drinks and dumping them on people down below on the first level.

Visited April 2012

• Korean first
New York City, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“www.terminal5nyc.com/”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

You know a lot of people hate on Terminal 5, but I'm not going to be one of them. Its general admission normally and for some concerts apparently that have a VIP section but I can't imagine where it would be. I saw Lady Gaga do her Fame Tour here before she got super super famous, I wish I didn't bring my wack ex gf LC with me, it would have been a way better time with anyone else!!! I also highly recommend getting to this venue early, then you can snag a spot right in the front, which is exactly what I did for the Sneaker Pimps tour. Getting to see Jadakiss, Clipse, The Cool Kids and Big Boi up close was awesome. The venue def gets packed and the only thing that sucks is some concerts in fact at most they let in the younger age group and I mean younger than 18, that's the only problem I have with this place.

Visited July 2011
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART, OR NON-HEARTY PARTYERS”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you LIKE: crowds, being smashed up against your neighbor, spastic dancers who bat you in the body/face - GO! If you do NOT LIKE: crowds, being smashed up against your neighbor, and being batted in the body or face by some drunken dancing fool, by all means - STAY AWAY!

First off, the venue is located way, way, way outta the way on the West Side of Manhattan. It's a haul walking to and from this venue to anywhere your car might be parked, or public transportation! (And don't believe the hype about "special rates on parking" at either of the listed parking lots on the website -- they actually charge you MORE! FREE TIP: However, there is a great little indoor lot just two blocks up from the venue which has 24-hr. parking for $8.25 - not the $30 the other two charge!)
The sound system at this venue appears to vary widely from acceptable to awful - the night we were there it was acceptable; the food is terrible (don't believe the website, there are NO TACOS! - just some guys making stuff from coolers on the roof deck level); the staff there can be rude/oblivious, or wonderful depending upon your outlook, and how badly they are being treated on the night you attend; the venue is not at all disability-friendly -no elevator, just stairs and lots of them; all in all rather high-priced for the dump this place is - - all of the above leads one to ask: why would I want to deal with this place? Unless the band playing at this venue is a guaranteed must-see for you, my recommendation would be - MEH, you can do without this place!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank HappilyOnVacation
STAMFORD
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“I don't like Terminal 5, at all!”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I regularly attend shows at venues all over the NYC metro area: bars, night clubs, concert halls, etc. I see over 100 acts a year, and I have for many years. Terminal 5 is my least favorite place to see a show, so much so that I now avoid it entirely, often turning down free tickets to see acts I really like.
The sound is AWFUL. Bottom line issue for me. I go to the show to hear the band. T5 sounds like you're in a large concrete room with terrible acoustics. Not surprising, since that pretty much describes the place. Add to that high ticket prices, limited sight lines, & an aggressive security staff. I could go on...
Lots of reasons to find another place to go for a night out.

Cary, NC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not a good place if you're short - couldn't see the band from any vantage point”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Difficult venue to see the stage unless you get there early and never move from your spot.
Acoustics were mediocre. Not a great experience, would have been better watching the dvd at home instead of the live show.

Visited September 2011