“Birthday at Bowlmor”
Review of Bowlmor

Bowlmor
Ranked #415 of 873 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed February 19, 2013

As for the party, here is what we liked:
The service was really good, our host and server were pretty on top of things.
The party was just the right amount of time.
There was plenty of food and the quality was decent as well as the cake (baked off premises).

Now for what I didn't like:
The music was WAY too loud for a young group of kids (5 and 6 year olds) and not necessary at 4:00 pm. Additionally, I don't think the TV programs were helpful which are at the end of each lane.
We were placed right beside another party even though the place was fairly empty upon arrival. (My guess is that this was done to help the servers but it didn't help me.)
I would have liked a tutorial on how to use the machines as I am not an avid bowler.
I also would have liked an additional 1/2 hour to "clean" our stuff up, there was only a 1/2 hour delay between parties and that's too short.
Lastly, I think the cost for additional kids is outrageous. We didn't get an additional lane and 2- five year olds certainly didn't eat $80 worth of pizza/chicken.

One last thing: I think that staff are really responsive and helpful.... and thinking on it, would say that would be my biggest compliment. (That and the fact that I didn't have to control the whole thing)... maybe I would hire someone to help the kids bowl if I did it again.)

1  Thank katrinangel2

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I went to an office party at Bowlmor on a Tuesday evening. We had fun and the staff took good care of us. They atmosphere is nice and the place is clean. We had a great food and drink buffet set up. I don't know what it cost the company but it was a good choice of venue and I would recommend other office parties at this place.

1  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went yesterday to bowl for my son's birthday. The place is incredibly loud, and to make matters worse we were next to about 5 families with tons of little kids who were all running around our lane. There literally was not a single time we could roll without having to ask these kids to move. The parents could have cared less. This is not necessarily the fault of the management, but did exacerbate the noise. Did I also mention that it's ridiculously overpriced?

1  Thank JRNYSC
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was able to walk right in and be assisted. There was no wait time and I had a great time bowling. The bowling alley was clean and from what I saw was also kid friendly.

2  Thank erickan_12