“Trouble in the Kitchen”

Bond 45 Italian Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bond 45 Italian Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between Broadway and 6th Avenue
Transit: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9 N, R, W, & Q trains to 42nd Street/Times Square.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Recently went for a pre- theatre dinner to this convenient location and wonderful space but disastrous. It was crowded and busy granted but almost an hour wait for delivery of appetizers which were wonderful. After waiting anther 20-30 minutes no main course in sight. The maître de finally conceded we would not get our food in time for our curtain. She did do the right thing by not charging us for what we had received. On that basis alone, I will give it one more chance.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

New York is not the city that never sleeps. On Sundays certain places shut down at 10pm to allow their surly teenage staff to get some sleep.

Having decided to attend an evening show we contacted Bond 45 to arrange a post performance reservation. We booked for 9:45pm, and were assured that if the show overran and we were delayed that this would not be an issue. We arrived at 9:50pm and were pointedly ignored by a bunch of obviously uninterested waiting staff. When one member of staff dragged herself away from the clearly fascinating conversation with her colleagues, she informed us that the kitchen was now closed and then, in a tone that impressed upon us just how big a favour she was doing us, she said she'd seat us anyway. After she sauntered back to her colleagues a frenzied debate ensued and surly adolescent mark II stepped forward to tell us abruptly that the kitchen was closed and they would not be seating us. A smirk appeared on her face as she said "this is Sunday night after all". Clearly the 10 minutes ignoring us was a well practiced technique employed by the staff to ensure they would not have to stay a moment longer than necessary.

As an Englishman I'm deeply distressed that the good name of Bond, a byword of class and sophistication, is being bastardised by this aberration of an establishment. Do not despair though dear reader, there is a plethora of fantastic eateries in the area, and one can have a fantastic meal at an establishment that will genuinely value your custom.

Bond 45 if I could give you a negative rating I would. You are truly a disgrace to the hospitality industry. Shame on you.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here after going to the theater. Front of the House staff friendly and engaging. Even though it was late, our waiter was very informative and did not seem to mind that we were there rather late. Martinis were great, made just the way we like the. And the dinner we ordered, (seafood risotto for me and Veal piccata for my husband) was absolutely delicious. Would definitely visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner here tonight. My daughter has multiple food allergies and they were fantastic about suggesting food choices and ensuring she had a delicious and safe meal. Overall fantastic restaurant.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Although for most this place may be a bit pricey (remember you're in Manhattan), They have really good food. My friend had cheese and spinach Ravioli with pesto sauce (Hugh pieces). As for me, I had lobster spaghetti with pancetta and ham. Both dishes were very good. At first, I though my portion was a bit small( esp. the amount of lobster) However, the amount of meat and cheeses made up for it.