“A well kept secret - rugelach and coconut cake ”

Lee Lee's Baked Goods
Ranked #134 of 389 Bakeries in New York City
Neighborhood: Harlem
Neighborhood: Harlem
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Lee Lee’s owner clipped a rugelach recipe in the paper decades ago, improved it... and the rest is history. They are delicious warm. Apricot much better than chocolate (chocolate one are covered in gooey syrup which makes them a mess to eat). The coconut cake is also very good.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

When they say "Good things come in small packages" they could mean Lee Lee's. A small bakery which awesome rugelach. I can only speak for the rugelach but I am sure everything else there is awesome as well. A great treat and find in Harlem!

Reviewed February 9, 2018

I really wanted to like Lee Lee's "famous" rugelach but it was just wrong, on many levels. It was dense, heavy and dry with a burst of sugary flavor. It was like bad store bought rugalech not good home made rugalech of my memories.
Rugalech is not supposed to be soft like a croissant and not heavy like a brick. Unfortunately many bakeries (and households) serve it dense and heavy. I think the origin of the heavy rugalach was probably about saving costs (while compromising taste) but there has been an effort to correct the wrongs and it is evident in many establishments. Not here though.
On a plus side, they make excellent bundt cake that is worthy of a visit.

Reviewed December 24, 2017

Alvin Lee's rugelach is better than most I've had throughout New York. Only rivaled by my aunt's who hasn't baked in years. The chocolate has an exterior drizzle and the apricot has a delicious cinnamon dusting. Flaky and dense (yes, that is the way it is supposed to be). They are starting to sell them online, so be on the lookout. The bakery does not have an extensive menu, and the bread puddings and handful of other treats are on my radar for sampling.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I love the tag line almost as much as I love the product. Amazing ruggelah available in 3 flavors.. chocolate, apricot and raspberry-- and reasonably priced at 12 for 15$.

Decent bakeries are so rare up in Harlem so I am very excited to be able to add this to my rotation when needing truly tasty dessert items to bring along to dinner parties, etc.

I honestly have only tried the ruggelah, but there are a number other tasty looking items that I look forward to tasting on future visits.