“Fantastic Food and Service”

Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: 1,2,3,N,R,W,Q,D,S subway trains to Times Square
Description: Tony's has served up some of the best old NY Italian favorites. Our cooking comes from Southern Neapolitan traditions and served up in huge family style platters that serve 2 to 3 people.
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Very warm, comfortable atmosphere. Staff is top notch and quite friendly. Portions are truly family style. Best for large parties. Food is fantastic. Just the bread and red sauce are good enough for a meal. We will certainly return.

2 Thank Jeffrey L

• Turkish first
Salisbury
“So much food”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went here on our first night and ordered 5 plates of food (there were 5 of us!). However when the food arrived we could have ordered just 3 meals and that would have been more than sufficient. The food came on large platters and was delicious. We felt very guilty leaving so much food at the end of the meal. They do provide doggie bags but we didn't have a way of storing and then reheating the food the next day and so had to leave it behind! The restaurant was packed and the atmosphere was great. You should definitely go but don't over order...you can always order more later if still hungry!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank CarolineSalisbury
Charlotte
“Old School Italian Done Right”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had Tony's on my list of NYC restaurants to check out the last two times I visited the city. This time I made it and I'm so glad I did. The service was top-notch. The prices were reasonable for NYC. The atmosphere took me back 40 years to those great old checkered tablecloth restaurants that took pride in everything they did. The food was delicious, and served with a flair that would make Broadway proud. I can't wait to go back.

1 Thank RogerandPeggy
Kingston, Canada
“'Reasonable & Good' does exist in the Times Square area!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

With my trust in the reviews here on TripAdvisor I decided to make a reservation for a group of 12 last weekend at Tony's Di Napoli. The only time that Open Table could give me was 3pm on a Sunday. This actually worked out perfectly for us. I thought the place would be empty at that hour but I was wrong. Tons of people there - I can't imagine how busy it must be during prime time. We were seated right away at a large round table that accommodated all 12 of us. This is SUCH a nice feature as we could see/speak to everyone. The entire menu is 'family style' which means each large platter feeds around 2-3 people. We ordered a couple of salads and 5 different dishes of pasta. Every single one of them was excellent! The service was friendly, helpful, and very professional. Sangria and wine list ample. In the end it cost around $25 per person...what a deal especially given the fact that its located steps east of Times Square (on 43rd)! I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Sandy H
New York
“Stellar Service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were catching a matinee show at the Sondheim Theater. It was pouring rain out and Tony's was right across the street. The place was very busy but we were seated immediately on arrival - without a reservation. Our waitress was very attentive & perky. This restaurant is known for it's family style platters. There were just 2 of us so we were happy to see that they also offered a lunch menu for individual portions. I ordered the linguine w/white clam sauce. It was very good and loaded w/clams and a couple still in the shell. The linguine was cooked perfectly and the clam sauce generous with perfectly cooked clams & garlic. My Aunt ordered the chicken francais w/a side of penne pasta w/broccoli. She raved of the francais sauce & was soaking it up w/the bread on the table. We made sure to keep some room for dessert. I had a delicious NY cheesecake. The presentation was spot on. Wish I had taken a picture of it. It was quite a large slice covered w/diced strawberries w/ a generous dollop of whipped cream on the side. There was chocolate & strawberry sauce swirled around the plate. My Aunt had a bowl of chocolate ice cream. The food was delicious & the waitress was delightful. Even with a full house we did not feel rushed and the best part was we were able to relax and enjoy the meal because we only needed to cross the street to get to our show.