“Excellent, genuine Jewish deli”
Review of Noah's Ark - CLOSED

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Be forewarned, this is a kosher restaurant which means that they close early on Fridays, are closed on Saturdays, and do not serve dairy products. The food is excellent...better than the other "famous" delis in the city. Just being in a movie does not make a place's pastrami or corned beef taste better. We live in the neighborhood and eat there a couple of times a month. The grilled veggie wrap and pesto pasta salad are recommended if there's a vegetarian in your party. If you must have Swiss cheese or mayo on your sandwich, Noah's is not for you. If you want real, true, flavorful deli, make the trip to Grand Street.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

This is one of the better Kosher delis Left in Manhattan. If you need Kosher and are in the Grand Street/Lower East Side area, Noah's Ark is very good. If you are there at lunchtime, its almost a steal. If you don't need Kosher, I would choose Katz's over this, but the food here is good and the amenities are more than adequate.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

For our first NYC trip (we live in Paris, France) , we wanted to eat in a Deli. We also wanted to avoid the mandatory and overpriced Katz. So we went at Noah's Ark twice. Everything about it was great. It's clean, people are friendly, and pastrami is excellent.

1  Thank popcyril
Reviewed September 2, 2008

The food is so delicious. The deli is sliced fresh to order, and is exactly like I remember it to be...warm & yummy. I enjoyed the free pickles and home-made cole slaw, but best of all was the corned beef and pastrami combo sandwich on rye. I will absolutely go back, and I'm telling all my friends to go too.

1  Thank LesterNY
Reviewed January 4, 2008

This restaurant serves the most delicious deli around. There are plenty of menu items to select from, including my favorite, roumanian tenderloin steak, and a kasha knish.
The deli sandwiches are over-stuffed, and served warm. I see a lot of travelers frequenting the establishment, and often bring home their chocolate chip cookies and ruggelach.

1  Thank DayTripper27