“Food for restaurant or cafeteria?”
Review of Broadway Joe Steakhouse - CLOSED

Broadway Joe Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: The A and E Subway trains stop at 42nd Street.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Food for restaurant or cafeteria?”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went in for a mid afternoon late lunch or very early dinner with my daughter under suggestion of the concierge of the hotel where we stayed. The waiter hardly smiled offering only a pretense of hospitality. He spent a long time waking around apparently aimlessly and despite having very few costumers, he could not take orders for our drinks till I called his attention. The glass of merlot I was brought tasted similarly to the 2/3 wine 1/3 water glasses I used to be given as an under age person in Italy by my parents. He then proceeded to tell me that veal scaloppine were served breaded (just check this in google image and see how many breaded veal scaloppine you will find...)
I won't even start describing how mediocre everything we were brought tasted.
Do not waste your time and money on this place.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank odraccir_11

hellertown
“Great service, nice lunch”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped in here for a quick lunch before a play on a Wednesday afternoon. I had the Lentil soup and my husband had their cheeseburger. The food was good - fresh bread and butter started and our lunches included a tea or coffee after. Fernando, our waiter did a great job looking after us...and the other patrons. It wasn't very busy, but fFernando was on top of it.

• Visited April 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“March in the Big Apple”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Don't waste your time at Broadway Joe's. Food quality was very poor. This Saturday evening visit was the only major disappointment of our trip.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank AlbieWeston
Thornburg
“Not as expected”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was with a large group from VA...had called twice to ensure they knew we were coming...they had to put tables together at the last minute..we were 11 and put in a small room with another group of about 20...very loud...but the bad part was the food...one steak was raw on one end and well done on the other...two dishes the medallion beef one piece had a medium rare and one well done when medium was ordered....the rice pilaf was simply brown rice...the waiter spilled water on one person and almost hot coffee on another..it was just not a great experience...for new york cheesecake I have had much better from chain restaurants...the service, food, and experience, were far from the "tradition" that we heard about this place..

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Richard B
Weirton, West Virginia
“Good food, lousy service this time”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm giving this restaurant a 3 based on our last visit. We have dined here before a few times and enjoyed those visits, however this time we felt like 2nd class citizens.

We were seated promptly and placed our drink orders. We both ordered off of the Restaurant Week menu - I got the salmon and my husband got the steak medallions. Our salads were served quickly and were very nice. Our dinners were fine - the salmon was very good and the steak was okay. At this point, things went downhill.

It took forever for our desserts to arrive. Meanwhile, the tables around us were getting their desserts, and they were offered coffee and after dinner drinks. We were never asked if we would like coffee - we would have. A second waiter finally checked with us to see what we had ordered and served us.

When we were done eating, we signaled for the check. Instead of bringing our check, the waiter seated two other parties and took their orders. 10 minutes later we asked the busboy to tell the waiter to bring our check. Instead of bringing us our check first, the second waiter took another table their check and spent 5 minutes explaining it to them. So 15 to 20 minutes after we were ready to leave, we finally were able to do so.

It wasn't a horrible experience, but certainly not the service we have come to expect.

1 Thank Gail8269