The Tour at NBC Studios
Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
NBC studios

Could do better. I thought you would see more. Whilst I’m an able bodied person do feel if you were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
674beccis
via mobile
Entertaining, yet short tour @ NBC

For someone that actually works in the media and has relevant Tv-experience, it was pretty... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $35.00
from $51.00
from $64.00
1,292 results
All reviews saturday night live jimmy fallon snl studio nightly news behind the scenes nbc pages snl set news room snl fan short video gift shop new york rockefeller center tv volunteers msnbc newsroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been to NYC dozens of times and I’ve never done this tour. My friend and I booked an early tour. Our group was small. About a dozen people. We had two pages narrating the tour. Both were very friendly and knowledgeable. Once you go thru security, you’re taken to a small theater where you get an overview of the studios. Then you go on a tour of several studios and production facilities. We saw the studio of the Evening News with Lester Holt, SNL and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Since it was a Saturday morning, nothing was in production so we got to get nice views of each facility. We also breezed by MSNBC and Seth Meyers studios. The pages educated ya on everything from the history of shows and facilities to how to get tickets to shows to the ins and outs of how the shows were produced. The end of the tour gave us an opportunity to produce a mock late night show where almost everyone had a role. And they taped the show and sent you the video to your email so you can keep it....that was very cool!! Overall, an excellent tour...lots of fun. Worth the $$ and I would totally do it again!!!

2  Thank junebugsrbig
RyanNBC, Director of Sales at The Tour at NBC Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there! We're thrilled to see that you had a great time on your tour - we're always happy to see that our guests enjoy all the ins and outs of the studios! Thanks for joining - and enjoy your Tour video souvenir!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

Our family enjoyed our tour of NBC studios. Highlights were seeing the following studios of: NBC Nightly News, Late Night w/ Seth Meyers, and Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show. Amazing to see all the technology and behind the scenes magic to produce a television show. The tour was capped off by allowing our group to produce their own talk show. It was corny, but a real blast. Don't be a spectator, play a part. Lastly, the NBC Page's did a great job in leading our group and pointing out some historical events. This is a perfect "sightseeing" opportunity for a family.

Date of experience: January 2020
RyanNBC, Director of Sales at The Tour at NBC Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there, thanks so much for joining us on The Tour. We're thrilled to see that you had a great time visiting our legendary studios as well as with our wonderful Pages! Thanks for your review!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

This is a great behind the scenes tour of NBC studios. It was fun to see Jimmy Fallon's studio as well as Saturday night live and some current shows on a monitor. This building has so much history. The pages/guides are well informed and keep the tour moving. It is amazing how big the sets look on television and how small they are in reality. This is a tour not to miss. It is kid friendly.

1  Thank sisterida
RyanNBC, Director of Sales at The Tour at NBC Studios, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Hi there, thanks for such a great review! We're so glad you had a wonderful time on The Tour both learning about our history and seeing the sets you're used to seeing on TV in real life. Thanks for joining us!

Reviewed January 5, 2020

OK, this was the last thing I booked for my staycation with my 13 year old. But it really was worth it! The tour lasted around an hour and I felt it was a little pricey, but not by much - anyway, it's New York, what are you going to do. I wanted to show my child how television is made, and this did exactly that! We saw numerous studios, including legendary and oh-so-familiar Studio 8H (SNL). We saw the Fallon studio, a news set, the weird "muppet pipes", and a beautifully done small memorial to news reporters killed in action, which I thought was important for my child and me to see, lest people forget that this isn't all green screens and satellite images - there are real people who actually die to bring us news from around the world. Anyway, our guides were two pages who were friendly and knowledgeable. At first I cringed at the thought of the final experience of the tour participants putting on a short talk show in a demonstration studio, but despite myself it turned out to be enjoyable for everyone, so well done, NBC!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Jennifer B
RyanNBC, Director of Sales at The Tour at NBC Studios, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Hi Jennifer, thanks for such a wonderful review! We are so glad to see that you had a great time on The Tour during all parts from the studios to filming your own talk show. Thanks for joining us!

Reviewed January 5, 2020

I've thought about doing this tour many times in the past, so it was good to finally get round to it. As you'd expect the culture references are all from significant US TV shows and even though the majority of the folks in our group were from outside the US, there was an expectation on the part of the guides that we would be aware of the shows they were talking about. Some folks in the group clearly didn't have a clue.

For me what was interesting was to see the inside of the building - the architecture is impressive - and to get a behind the scenes look at how TV studios work. I love to get an idea of how things are put together, so I was really happy with the tour.

Our guides were good fun and really enthusiastic, which was great. At the end you're encouraged to participate in filming your on version of the Tonight show. I was happy for the folks who participated, but honestly it was totally not the kind of thing I would do.

Date of experience: December 2019

Hi Steven, thanks for joining us on The Tour and for leaving your review! We're so glad to see you enjoyed your experience with us, and quite happy to see you had an excellent time with our Pages as well!