The Tour at NBC Studios
Ranked #92 of 641 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The first and most famous studio tour in television history is now better than ever. It's more in depth. More interactive. And, above all, more fun. You’ll enjoy behind-the-scenes access to the studios where your favorite shows are made. Like Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers and more. An NBC Page will serve as your host and behind-the-scenes expert, guiding you through the historic halls of 30 Rock. You’ll learn about the entire TV production process, from the writing process and producing to the ways TV content gets to your home. You’ll then experience it all first hand as you and your fellow Tour guests produce your own show in our brand new Tour Studio. You can then download your show to keep for free.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

You start this tour in a hallway with random NBC memorabilia, I particularly liked the Coneheads stuff. The tour I went on didn't go through the SNL set, I was looking forward to that part. We then went through some news sets which were pretty cool because they were actively filming. Overall it was a pretty good tour, just wish we went through the SNL set.

1  Thank chrisitout
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This tour is probably more exciting for Americans who actually know the shows of the sets you see on the tour. We don't get SNL or Jimmy Fallon in Australia so it wasn't as exciting for us to see the sets which left us slightly disappointed. We couldn't actually go onto the SNL set because they were painting it so we all took turns to peek through a glass door where you could barely see it anyway. We were also hoping for a bit of 30 Rock action but the closest you get is being escorted along your tour by NBC pages. The staff are very friendly though and you learn a bit about the history of NBC if you are into that sort of thing. No photos are allowed inside but they do take one for you. You will also need to book your tickets prior.

Not something I would recommend if you have a short stay in the big city.

1  Thank Ash H
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I visited some time ago, and I had tickets to the NBC Studio Tour. Some of it was just okay, interesting factoids along the way. The highlight for us as SNL fans and music geeks was being able to see the SNL band warming up around noon on a Saturday morning. Long day for those guys! I'm not sure I would categorize this tour as a must do, but we mostly enjoyed it. Otherwise we saw studios for Brian Williams and Dr. Oz.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My fiance and I visited the studio tour together because I've always wanted to go. I was not disappointed. The tour guides are very, VERY knowledgeable and friendly. The coolest part of the tour was probably seeing the SNL studio. I think we paid $30 a ticket but it was definitely worth it, and we reserved our spots online easily.

2  Thank Cryptic_Tourist
Reviewed March 10, 2014

You can't go to New York City without touring NBC. NBC studios is a big part of the America media world! You name it, it's filmed there. From the tonight show, to Saturday Night Live, to Football Night in America, it goes down at NBC. The tour was pretty neat to me, you get to behind the scenes and where they film everything and see the sets! The only thing I don't like is that they won't let you take any photos while you're in there! It would've been fun to take a photo on the SNL set, I'm jus sayin!

2  Thank ZexSwain