“Don't do it!!!!”

The Tour at NBC Studios
Ranked #93 of 644 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The first and most famous studio tour in television history is now better than ever. It's more in depth. More interactive. And, above all, more fun. You’ll enjoy behind-the-scenes access to the studios where your favorite shows are made. Like Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers and more. An NBC Page will serve as your host and behind-the-scenes expert, guiding you through the historic halls of 30 Rock. You’ll learn about the entire TV production process, from the writing process and producing to the ways TV content gets to your home. You’ll then experience it all first hand as you and your fellow Tour guests produce your own show in our brand new Tour Studio. You can then download your show to keep for free.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I agree wholeheartedly with all the most recent reviews except those that bothered to give more than one star. So disappointing that i don't even care to watch anything this network has to offer... too bad that they own so much. The Pages should be ashamed of themselves not to make an effort to make you feel a little better about spending $24.
This is the first public review i have ever written but i just couldn't stay silent on this one.

1  Thank Sunrise1336
Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I agree with the comments below. We attended on the 17th at 11:45. $48 for 2 of us and we had a measly tour of two small dark news studios. I'm telling everyone I know not to bother ever doing this.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The tour was a huge gyp! The guides were shallow, narcissistic, and amateurish. The tour was boring and could have been better produced by a CBS infiltrator. Lame excuses for not being able to see sets like SNL. We saw an empty room with a tarp over the desk belonging to Brian Williams. There was nothing even mentioned or SHOWN of the Today Show or seeing its studio which would have been an expected key attraction. What we were shown was an embarassment and an insult like the "weather break." And as if all of that was not low grade enough, we were conned into believing our staged picture was available at the service desk, a nice souvenier (for $25 bucks). We were told that our ticket was our souvenier. Just plain pathetic. - Tourists from Boston, now Fox News fans.

1  Thank Eben M
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I were really looking forward to this, but left the tour feeling annoyed and ripped off. We went on a Saturday at 1:15 and there were 27 in our tour group. We spent half of the tour being separated into the two elevators and going through security. We then watched an 8 minute video of a montage of NBC shows. The video was probably the most entertaining part of the tour. Next we saw Brian Williams' studio. We stayed in that studio for much longer than needed. Next it was being corralled into elevators again so that we could go on to the next part of the tour which succeeded in being even more boring. They walked us past a radio studio control room. I cannot express how boring this was. And then...this is the really frustrating bit...we finished up our tour in a mock studio with two volunteers pretending to present the news and weather. They also wanted to take photos so they could sell us photos at the end. And that was it! Brian Williams' studio and a radio control room! No SNL! No 30 Rock! No history on NBC! Pathetic!

2  Thank november61280
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is not worth the time or money. Don't do it. I can't stress this enough. I would give it a zero if I could. You spend more time in an elevator going somewhere than seeing anything.