“Loved, loved, loved it. Handicap accessible”

The Tour at NBC Studios
Ranked #92 of 596 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The first and most famous studio tour in television history is now better than ever. It's more in depth. More interactive. And, above all, more fun. You’ll enjoy behind-the-scenes access to the studios where your favorite shows are made. Like Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers and more. An NBC Page will serve as your host and behind-the-scenes expert, guiding you through the historic halls of 30 Rock. You’ll learn about the entire TV production process, from the writing process and producing to the ways TV content gets to your home. You’ll then experience it all first hand as you and your fellow Tour guests produce your own show in our brand new Tour Studio. You can then download your show to keep for free.
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Loved, loved, loved it. Handicap accessible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband (wheelchair) and I (30's) plus our two boys (ages 11 &12) loved the tour! It was included in the New york pass (a must if your visiting ny). The tour was handicap accessible, my kids enjoyed seeing the sets & the "behind the scenes" of how everything works. After our trip, our kids wanted to watch the dr. oz show to see the set on tv. We got history, saw dr. oz set, jimmy fallon set, sat. Night live set, and other information. It was very good! & since it was included in the new york pass, it was even better!

• Korean first
Dapto, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good fun and very interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The NBC studio tour was a good way to get out of the freezing weather for an hour. I had to book for the next day as it turned out, and I was booking as a solo, so it's pretty busy. Definitely not a pop in.
I wound up in with a bunch of about 12 kids which meant I couldn't get a good look at the memorial wall they show you, for newsmen who have died on the job. A pity, as there were some interesting artefacts in the cabinet I would have liked to have seen. Unfortunately we were shunted through quite quickly, and there was little time to really look at things. That's basically why I didn't give full ratings.
We were shown the news studio, the Dr Oz studio, and the highlight, the Saturday Night Live studio. It was really interesting to see how these places look when they're not on the screen. The pages who took us around had some good stories to tell about how things happen and what goes into making a show.
To finish, we each had photographs taken behind a news desk and they made a little newscast with a couple of the kids, autocues and green screens. It was okay. Probably be terrific if it was your own kids doing it I suppose.
There is a lot of elevator action and we were really crammed in there, so if you don't like that it might not be for you. Also, there are no toilets, and if you need to go you have to leave the tour, so look out for that too.

Visited January 2013
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I went to this because I got it for free with my New York pass and I was was pleasantly suprised. Firstly the staff were lovely which made a great change compared to other places I have visited in New York. I found it interesting, this is worth it especially if you are into NBC studio shows

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nice to see SNL studio”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Not to be compared with the studio tours in LA but still fun. Get the online discount don't pay full price. If you like SNL the studio tour is fun and informative. Fun to see where the show is filmed. The store has lots of good souvenirs.

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Didn't see much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The tour advertised that we would see six studios - Dr. Oz, Jimmy Fallon, SNL, Sunday Night Football, Today Show and NBC Nightly News. In reality, we saw an eight minute commercial for NBC Universal veiled as the welcome film, went through security and took countless elevator rides. We only went to the studios for Dr. Oz and Jimmy Fallon, and looked through the glass windows at the SNL studio. The tour guide gave some useless explanation of the NBC broadcast operation center. It was a waste of time and money.