Open today: 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Review Highlights
Don’t give this show the bird

Saw the New York Old Friend performance at the Bird. It was superb. Very clever songs and great... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
159ianp
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
via mobile
Jazz Venue and Dining

Outstanding jazz sessions, and delicious and reasonably priced meals to eat while you listen... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $38.11
from $41.37
from $46.17
More Info
All reviews jazz club latin jazz wonderful jazz sight lines new york intimate venue bought tickets highlight of our trip broadway show times square stage caruso performers drummer feinstein armstrong nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Music was fantastic, the feel is old school jazz club. We did not eat dinner but did have an appetizer that was good and servers were attentive. Great Martini

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Every time we go to NYC, we have to go to Birdland. It is sacrosanct. We are never ever disappointed. The band is always terrific. The food is consistently good and the service is always with a smile no matter how crazy it gets. This is a MUST stop on anyone's NYC visit. But only if you love good food. And or good jazz.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

This was my very first jazz club I ever walked in, and Birdland surpassed all my expectations. What an atmosphere! I was thrilled (and moved!) entering this place and having a seat at the bar. At the door I had asked about the availability and prices, and I was helped by two very friendly ladies, one of which suggested (as I was alone) I'd not take a table ($10 extra) but a seat at the bar, which was cheaper and I still would have a good view on the musicians. That was indeed the case. Admission was only $15, and this included a cocktail. The band that was there (5.30 pm show) played Louis Armstrong classics and it was just great being part of it, of the whole atmosphere and seeing such good musicians play. I more than once realized I was in the mecca of jazz music and that these people had it in their blood. It was so great to be here, and I definitely would recommend to anyone, even if you were not into jazz. Marvellous.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Erwin v
Reviewed February 27, 2019

What a great night in the Birdland basement. Jim Caruso and Billy Stritch made for a jazzy evening of fun cabaret. Space is newly renovated and well spaced out with good view sights from all tables. Acoustics were great. So much more like a supper club than an old style jazz dive. Well worth the $40 cover for stage side seats. Extensive drinks menu. Food options were less cocktail type and seemed geared to a complete dinner but did have some charcuterie sharing plates. A real highlight of our trip. Jim also has a Monday night improv upstairs in the main room. He's a great emcee and musical talent.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed February 23, 2019

We went to a Friday 5:30 show with our 11 year old, who loves jazz. The Birdland Big Band was great, we all enjoyed the show. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive.

Date of experience: February 2019