“Friendly warm welcoming bar”

Rosie O'Grady's Pub
Ranked #8,198 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
South East England
“Friendly warm welcoming bar”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have staying in New York many times. Each time we make a point of visiting Rosie's for a few Sam Adam's. the bar looks like something you would see on a typical US film / TV show, with stools all arp d the bar and waiter service and plenty of bar chat. The decor is classic, with a refurb some where between now and 2010 ( our last visit ), which was. Not needed but looks good. There is a large selection of bar snacks too as well as a separate restaurant which serve amazing steaks, really amazing. The bar is busy with tourists and at 1800 locals who have finished work and are sharing the evening with friends. There are also TV screens around the bar showing a range of sports and news channels. The atmosphere is friendly and war and I felt comfortable in there on my own whilst waiting for my husband after I indulged in some retail therapy. What more can I say, a great bar and so central. Love it.

1 Thank Gerbra_10

New York City, New York
“Nice bar”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

A cosmo is like $17 and may or may not be worth it---depending on the bartender. Usually packed after work and hard to find a seat. Atmosphere is light and fun with a touch of class. Some bartenders have too much attitude, but on the whole, nice place pre or post theater.

• Visited December 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
“Bar review”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Didn't eat here (although the food looked lovely) as we were just having a quick pre-theatre drink but the pub had a very warm friendly atmosphere and I was gutted it was our last night and that we didn't come across this pub sooner. Pint of Bud Light was about $7, average for Manhattan.

• Visited January 2013
Commerce Township, Michigan
“New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We bought tickets for the night and it was wonderful!! Got to bipass the crowds, had what felt like our own personal bartender, more cold and hot apprtizers then we could possibly eat! Only thing I would of changed was maybe upgrade the champagne they gave us at midnight no one in our group drank it other then for the toast! Great location if you do not want to stand out in the freezing cold! The manager was very hospitable! And we had what we felt was OU own personal sidewalk space to watch the ball drop! I was very impressed with the whole night and would go back again anytime!

2 Thank colleen m
Basehor, Kansas
“Nice Sign Out Front, Just Average Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We ate here after a show. The food is only average and it is pricey as you are just a few blocks from Times Square. I ordered the crab cakes and they tasted like something out of a heat n eat box. Skip Rosie O'Grady's Pub.

Visited December 2012