“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Actually hate to share this - would like to keep it to myself. Food was great, service was the best - love that Judy! Fun, fun place - definitely a repeat performance.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Mimi's restaurant is a nice place to get together for lunch or dinner but the food is average at best. Good service and a nice atmosphere - I really wish I could give the place a higher rating but unfortunately the food is just ok. When I eat Italian I usually order a garlic and olive oil pasta dish since I'm not a lover of red sauce (or gravy). My pasta was bland and the garlic was not fresh and it didn't have that buttery olive oil taste - I was really disappointed. Unfortunately I've had better pasta dishes at Olive Garden. The bread was good though.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Mimi's is a small, casual restaurant in New York City just a block or two from the Waldorf Astoria hotel. Very good service and delicious food. A piano player made the evening even more enjoyable. I have been there for lunch and dinner always having a great time.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

When we arrived in New York last week, this was the first place our exhausted feet found and we loved it, so much so that we went back on our last night.

Food was good, with enormous portions (by our British standards) and they served water and bread without us needing to ask and kept us well topped up. We have hungry teenage boys, and they were very happy indeed in Mimi's!

Most of all we enjoyed the atmosphere, which was very jolly and friendly, with a live pianist playing on both nights we went (1 a lot better than the other!) There was a good mix of tourists, like ourselves, and locals, who mainly came in for a drink and in some cases a sing around the piano! All staff on both nights were friendly and helpful.

We would definitely recommend Mimi's.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We used to go here on every trip back to NYC, but a few years ago we decided not to go back b/c the food and service deteriorated. We just rolled in to town late, so we tried it again. Greeted by a rude, indifferent greeter who said "enjoy" with her back turned after she almost tossed our menus on the table. Our waitress was good. The food was not. Chicken piccata was a chicken breast with lemon sauce and zero capers. Huh? My wife actually used salt and pepper it was so bland.
To top it off, the WORST piano singer we have ever heard. We asked our waitress if she had to listen to him every night and she said "I just have to block it out".