“Chinese Food of Reasonably good quality and quick service.”
Review of Tang Pavilion

Tang Pavilion
Ranked #2,514 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had Hot & Sour Chicken Soup, Chicken Fried Rice and Salt & Pepper Pork, all costing around US$ 32. Soup was good, quantity on higher side. Fried rice was okay but Pork was excellent. I was alone and finished my dinner in flat 40 minutes. I must say it was fast service.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to Tang's on Saturday night with a family group of 14 (ages 17 through 67). We sat at a very large round table with a big "lazy susan" in the center, and everyone had a great time. The food was good and served quickly and hot by waiters with arms long enough to reach between us to the turntable. And the price was quite reasonable even with a few drinks for some of the men. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs, even though he was working additional nearby tables. Everyone agreed that this is the place to go in mid-town Manhattan for Chinese when we have a large group.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was dining with my friend last night after a wonderful dance performance by Alvin Ailey. The Japanese tourists were sitting next to us and the daughter asked me about the bill they just got. In it, the tip amount was written and they were surprised. So I called the waiter who was serving both tables. I said to him the tip should be up to the customer, depending on how happy they were of his service. The. He said that they were tourists and did not know how much they should pay. The Japanese tourists were well dresse and clearly well traveled. Of course they knew they had to leave tip in US. I always liked the restaurant for good food, but after the aggressive and arrogant attitude of the waiter, I am not going back there. For those traveling to New York City, be aware!

1  Thank Beekeeper888
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

For 20 years we've been going here. Consistently fine quality, but be aware of the sweetness. We have become more accostomed to spicy. Tang acknowledges the changing tastes with many Sichuan/Hunan flavors. We always ask for a side of chili. A bargain on alcohol with under $9 for called cocktails. White table clothes and attentive service completes an excellent experience of relaxed dining in hectic midtown.

1  Thank Henry G
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Tang Pavilion is in 55th Street at the 6th Avenue end. I have visited here a few times and the staff are always pleasant and helpful. The dishes are reasonably priced. A soup is $2.75 while a main dish including rice is typically about $11 to $13. Well worth a visit.