“Very service and no good food”
Review of Park Cafe

Park Cafe
Ranked #1,828 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had 5 times breakfast during our trip to New York. Park Café was just not acceptable. It started already when we came in. A waitress that we ordering us with a lot of gestures to follow the line. Than we got a table and ordered our breakfast. The patatoes with the eggs were just not eateble. My daughter and myself just left them on the plate.
When we were not finished yet with our breakfast, another unfriendly waitress put already the bill on the table. Clear sign: get up and move out.
Unfriendly waitresses, not good food and not clean. Just don't go there.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

During a 5 day trip to New York we eat breakfast here twice, could not fault either.
There is normally a number of people waiting to be seated (which I think is a good sign)
Turn over is quick but nor rushed, well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have traveled to New York many times usually 4 times a year and have always eaten breakfast at the Park Cafe . The food is fantastic and the prices are reasonable. However I will never eat there again after a very truly awful experience on my recent trip this August 2013.
I went with my family on our first day and enjoyed a lovely breakfast. When finished the waitress gave me the bill $130 and said that I was expected to pay a 15% service charge. I was taken back by her abruptness and questioned where it stated this on the menu. She said it was not but thats what I was expected to pay. I paid my bill and tipped 10% as I have always done which I think is a fare tip for a set breakfast menu with a turn round of about 25 minuets .
Feeling rather disappointed I decided to put it down to a one off and returned the next day only to be served by the same waitress . To say she was cold would be incorrect she was down right rude and obnoxious.It was a horrible experience and one that I wish my family had not had to endure .At the end of our meal she gave me a $140 bill and bluntly said that service was not included.I questioned her attitude and asked if we could speak to a manager to which she stormed off had a heated conversation with other members of staff and returned to say that no one wanted to talk to me.I paid my bill and gave my usual 10% tip to the guy cleaning the tables . After this we ate elsewhere for the remainder of our stay.
I must have eaten hear 60 times in the past . The food is always good and I have no complaints what so ever with this or the prices charged. If a menu states that a set % service charge will be added thats fine you either decide to go with it or go some where else . Its a great shame when the staff think that they run the place and can dictate there terms. Shame on you Park Cafe

Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you are in that neighbourhood this is a good restaurant where you can eat good food at a reasonable price in confortable seats and tables.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have eaten breakfast here many times on several visits to NY. The food is good, very quick service. They keep it moving. reasonable prices. And, they are always there to refill the coffee cup. Good location just North of Times Sq. We like it and recommend it.