“Awesome Italian Restaurant in New York City”

Florio's Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #5,564 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My cousin took my husband and me here for lunch. As she said it is a must stop, eat here!!!!!And I am so glad we did. Started off with their Chianti, we all had different entrees from the eggplant parmesagne, veal marsalas, & spaghetti with meat ball and sausage. Everything was just wonderful. This is true Italian dining. We will be back when we are in the city again.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Dinner at Florio's for my third time. Did not disappoint! Good service and excellent food. Warm delicious bread and dipping oil with excellent Chianti to start. My friend and I shared the eggplant parm with linguini and a mushroom pizza. Magnifico! Outside tables were full so we sat in the back dining room; soon a group of around 14 or 15 men were seated at a large table in the same room. A little loud, but just became part of the ambiance. Will return next time I visit Manhattan for sure.

2  Thank jazzgal24
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We eat here alot. The owner is a funny older guy. He always stops by the tables to make sure everything is going well. The service is great. The food is always good. It comes out hot and fast! The front of the place you can buy cigars in their humidor too.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Had a great lunch at Florio's during a March 2012 visit to NYC. I had the calimari with marinaria and was very pleased with it. Prior to the main course, we were given a basket of italian bread and a bottle of dipping oil. The oil was a simple mix of olive oil and crushed red peppers. On the plate, we added some parm and created a great before dinner treat. We opted for the fresh garden salad with dinner instead of spaghetti and enjoyed every bite. We will definitely stop back on our next NYC visit.

1  Thank 92bobs92
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We roamed around Chinatown then Little Italy a couple of weekends ago, eventually looking for a place to eat. Most in Little Italy were to small/tight to accomodate our large stroller. One place didn't even acknowledge us when we entered looking for a place to sit. Then we stumbled upon Florio's - a place I'd been years ago with colleagues for an evening of cigars (back when you could smoke them there) and cocktails. We were immediately greeted by the owner and staff, who were very friendly and accomodating, immediately making sure we had enough room for the stroller and a high chair for the baby. The owner came over a couple of times to chat, the server was fast and friendly. The real surprise was when the food came, as it was all excellent and a good value in terms of portion size and quality. In fact, my Mom, who was visiting, is Capri, Italy, is a great cook and obviously knows what constitutes excellent Italian food, said that her eggplant parmesan sandwich was the best she'd ever had in a restaurant. Will definitely go back and highly recommend to folks looking for a great place to relax casually with family, eating great food and taking in the charm of the interior.

2  Thank JohnPMcC