“quick and good”

Eli's Vinegar Factory
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed August 29, 2013

nice selection for a quick breakfast, croissant and coffee. Store looked fantastic (we walked around it) but wasn't really open yet so not everything was out

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great place for brunch and fancy food gifts. We were a family of 6 and the service was very attentive. Lox and eggs were delicious.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

On a Saturday afternoon you could shoot a cannon across the upstairs restaurant and not hit a person. I'm new to this neighborhood so I'm strolling the streets to discover my new home. From the exterior, and I crossed the street to see what the Vinegar Factory was, it resembled Brooklyn Brewery in Williamsburg. But it's not that. There's a general store feel to the street-level market. The upstairs restaurant looked like it should bustle the way the upstairs restaurant inside the W74th Street Fairway does. Once my food was served I understood why there was no one there. The basket of Eli's breads was stale and cold. The two poached eggs I ordered were more like two hard-boiled eggs. The hash browns looked and tasted like they were scraped from the edges of the griddle and wiped onto my plate. Moving right along...

Reviewed October 1, 2012

the restaurant upstairs has frozen yogurt machine and you self serve. And the bread they had at brunch is amazing..

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Everyone that worked there was very nice. Not really what I thought it was going to be. Has potential, but it's like they just don't care anymore. I had the feeling I was having breakfast at a retirement home.