Open today: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM

from $35.00
from $134.00
from $84.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Stopped in here on our first night in NYC. Had a round of drinks at the bar. Loved the dark room/ mood lighting. Expensive drinks (I think $22 a drink) but well worth it.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

Five of us dined here on one of the last nights before the places closed for renovation. The waiter was a bumbling fool, it was difficult to work whether he was incompetent or he was doing this intentionally for the comedy value. He entertained us the whole. Hint while not once getting or order or drinks correct. The food was great and the memory was brilliant. Over all about 700 usd for a few drinks and 3 courses. The restaurant was quaint and had real character but I suspect the service was due to the imminent closing of the place. Looking forward to going again when it re opens.

Reviewed February 18, 2017

This bar is at Waldford Astoria. Is and excelent bar at excelent hotel. We were at the hotel and went at night at the Bull and Bear BAR.

Service? NOT GOOD. really not good.

bar? EXCELENT , nice, fine. Good.

Prices? is waldford so.... you not need think about prices. but... One cocktail , two wines cup... USD 100.

We had nice night but the people only work.... not good service.

Reviewed February 16, 2017

I stay frequently at the Waldorf as it is a convenient location to get to my business meetings in midtown. A highlight of my stay is always a visit to the Bull and Bear for cocktails. I love the atmosphere in general and I enjoy sitting at the bar and chatting with the bartenders. In particular, Edmond is outstanding and last night was willing to make an extra trip upstairs in order to squeeze fresh lime juice for the special Cosmopolitan he makes that I have enjoyed in the past. He takes his profession seriously and is more than willing to go out of his way to make a customer happy. I am hopeful that the bar will stay open during the upcoming Waldorf renovations but if not I will keep many happy memories of this place.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

very classy spot. with cocktails priced a little over $20 it was a little out of our range but we went here because we were given coupons for a couple free drinks upon check in at the waldorf. drinks were really good, bartender was great, atmosphere was awesome.