“Night visit!!”

$83.99*
New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #101 of 1,122 things to do in New York City
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I know people complain about the noise and also that part of the park it's under construction or it was due to the marathon, but I visited during the night, midnight to be exact and I totally liked it, my friend more though, she had this on her bucket list so one more down and several to go. Anyway, it's a nice and pretty memorial but I think it needs to be better and more colors! But over all I enjoyed the visit!! I think you will too!

6  Thank MONTYHADES

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Strawberry Fields memorial to John Lennon in Central Park is just across the street from The Dakota, where Lennon lived and died.

I agree with others that have commented on this web site that Strawberry Fields is anything but peaceful. There were several guitarists in the area playing Beatles songs, and lots of people taking multiple pictures of each other standing next to the Imagine tile.

It's worth a quick visit if you're close to it, but it isn't special enough to make a pilgrimage out of it, in my own opinion.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

It seems so right when in nyc to walk from times square to the gothic Dakota building then cross the road into the beauty of central park pause and reflect on what touched our lives December 8th 1980 I walked into work as a 16 year old heard it on the radio. I have visited nyc 4 times and always pop back take a look, and will this year for the first time visit on December 8th so i can Imagine it will be sombre and lifting as i watch the wheels go round again! Nobody told me there be days like these BUT i hoped you enjoyed me telling you. Roll on John!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

At the end of a fairly hectic day wombling around central park we found the JLM.
Looking forward to some rest and reflection we came up the slope to the memorial to be greeted by dozens of people swarming the mosaic, placing beads, bangles and toys on it and then photographing them (probably to sell on ebay later that day), also the quiet zone was a joke with 3 street performers playing guitars and singing, both really badly.
Very disappointing.....

1  Thank John W
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by the Dakota building to pay our respects. I was surprised to find no remnants of a tribute to John here. We went over to the strawberry fields and puased for a reflection. The guys were singing imagine and it gave me chills. A good stop while visiting central park.