“If you are a Lennon or beatles fan, must be there”

Strawberry Fields, John Lennon Memorial
$83.99*
New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #101 of 1,122 things to do in New York City
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The strawberry fields its a quiet nice area. the Lennon's memorial is great. it makes you feel that you are part in history. if you like beatles you should go there

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my favorite place in my favorite city in all the world. I have seen more beautiful parks (the rose garden in Regeant Park, London, UK for example) and more beautiful cities (Prague, Lucerne, Paris) however, this is where you can still feel and witness something truly special. It doesn't matter how much you did or didn't love John Lennon or the Beatles. The impact he made is real.

There are always crowds of people lining up to take their picture with the Imagine mosaic. If you truly want to enjoy your time here load some John Lennon songs on your iPod, go to Levain Bakery and pick up a cookie or two (74th at Amsterdam), saunter over the 72nd street entrance to Central Park, pick a bench, plug in your earphones, and watch magic happen. What you'll see is another kind of mosaic, one made of every type of person of every age from every country. As different as we look we all have something in common...the love of John Lennon's music. Watch each person hold their girlfriend, pose with their sons, cradle their 2-month old, you name the combination (even whole families at once) as they smile at the camera. Some of them have made a pilgrimage here, waited all their lives to see the Dakota across the street and pay homage to the man we love. Others just want a cool pic to post on Facebook. No matter the reason, this spot brings people together and its simply...beautiful!

Imagine all the people...living life in peace? Imagine there's no heaven....no need to imagine it because if you want to witness it come sit by me and watch it unfold.

3  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I thought we would stop by and find the mosaic, snap a few pictures, and hop back on the train. Instead what we discovered was an entire New York subculture that was filled with history, openness and generosity. We took time to talk with and listen to the performers as they waited for their turn to play. I was struck that this culture was precisely what John Lennon was advocating for. If you get a chance stop by and talk with Billy and Barry. If you watch and listen closely you will find that you leave much richer than you were when you walked in. Remember to clap for them and tell them that I said hi!

1  Thank Jodi F
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice memorial, lots of people left messages and flowers. My friends and I took quite a few pictures and then walked to Sambuca restaurant close by. Awesome dining there

1  Thank Pasquallies
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This area is very touristy as expected. When we went, there was a large crowd that didn't seem to move, along with a guy with an acoustic guitar singing Beatles covers (poorly). Still, I really enjoy coming by here and taking it all in.