“Must visit”
Review of Piacere

Piacere
Reserve with OpenTable
Piacere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: Italian Restaurant Pizzeria Winebar with sidewalk seating
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Very special place with excellent pizza and various dishes prepared with the freshest ingredients
Very friendly and warm family friendly atmosphere

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We ate lunch here based on the TripAdvisor reviews and wanting to eat near Little Italy. I'm glad we did. You'd never notice this place if you didn't know about it.

Ordered an Arugula Salad to start with thinly-sliced pear and cheese. Good starter. Then we had a couple of pizzas that were absolutely fantastic. They were a great blend of traditional brick-oven pizzas with interesting and delicious ingredients. Some of the best I have ever had, and possibly the most original tasting.

The draft beers were a little pricey, as were the pizzas. But well worth the money based on the taste and excellent service, even for a small, casual restaurant.

Will definitely return and highly recommend.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had drinks there one night and had a pizza as a snack with the beers. Enjoyed it and decided to go for dinner a few nights later. Dinner was OK if a little underwelming but very very expensive for what we had, the drinks were expensive. We were on a table near door which was a bit cold and drafty. The food was good but again nothing special. I would like to think they made a mistake with our bill, that is all I will say.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This restaurant was my absolute favorite when I visited New York recently!
The atmosphere was charming, warm and totally inviting - fabulous ambiance.
The pasta, gnocchi and pizza we had were amazing, and the deserts we sampled were out of this world! I will definitely return this summer when I visit New York again, and I highly recommend Piacere to anyone who enjoys great food in a warm authentic atmosphere.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My ten year old niece and I ate here earlier this week. It was wonderful. I loved the rustic wood interior and the warm lighting of the room. The owner and cook were really friendly and accommodating. They made a special plate of pasta for my niece with just butter and parmesan and she loved it. It's hard to mess up something so simple, but it is also hard to make it memorable, and it was to her. I had the Affumicata which is a pizza made with smoked mozzarella, spinach and speck. It was delicious. The subtle hint of smoke from the cheese, combined with the earthy spinach and salty speck was perfect. The crust was as good as any pizza I have had in Italy. This place has only been around seven months and I will be sure to return every time I am in New York.