“Excellent!”
Review of Piacere

Piacere
Reserve with OpenTable
Piacere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #740 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: Italian Restaurant Pizzeria Winebar with sidewalk seating
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My ten year old niece and I ate here earlier this week. It was wonderful. I loved the rustic wood interior and the warm lighting of the room. The owner and cook were really friendly and accommodating. They made a special plate of pasta for my niece with just butter and parmesan and she loved it. It's hard to mess up something so simple, but it is also hard to make it memorable, and it was to her. I had the Affumicata which is a pizza made with smoked mozzarella, spinach and speck. It was delicious. The subtle hint of smoke from the cheese, combined with the earthy spinach and salty speck was perfect. The crust was as good as any pizza I have had in Italy. This place has only been around seven months and I will be sure to return every time I am in New York.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is one of my all time favorite restaurants in NYC. Not only is the food amazing, but the vibe, the people, and the ambiance all match! It is the most authentic restaurant in Little Italy, and some of the best pizza in New York. (And that's saying a lot, considering how saturated New York is with pizza). I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the area, and if you're not in the area I suggest you go out of your way to get there!

3  Thank Kamilah_X
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This great little restaurant is the real deal! Great pizza oven delicious food wine and desserts! Last night we had great pizza and then a sample of the sweets creme brûlée, bread pudding and Nutella crepe. Yum! Fabulous go visit!

2  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed February 22, 2014

A very impressive bar/restaurant. The ambiance is fantastic. The owners are Italian and the food is exquisite. Very hard to beat in an area that has many other restaurants. A must try for anybody.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This restaurant was in walking distance of the Best Western Hanbee Bowery and it was such a warm, lovely place to find. The owner was our waiter and he was charming and engaging. We enjoyed salad and pizza and were intrigued to find everything locally sourced and organic. This drove the prices up a little but it was worth the atmosphere. Piacere means Pleasure. And it was.