“Thanks for ruining Valentines night”
Review of World Yacht

Hudson's by World Yacht New York City Sunday Brunch Cruise
$119.99*
New York City Christmas Eve Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: World Yacht brought the luxury dinner cruise business to New York City in 1984 and became the vanguard of experiential dining, hosting the sociocultural luminaries of the 20th and 21st century. Our vessels set the standard, both in terms of excellence and experience, for the ensuing three decades and created many enduring memories in the process. Today, both the market and our customer is evolving. At the same time, the neighborhood around us - the crossroads of Times Square, the High Line and Hudson Yards - is undergoing a massive transformation. As a result, the time has come for us to innovate once again, to reinvent experiential dining and, in so doing, make a new identity for World Yacht's home at Pier 81, as a social, culinary, and entertainment destination for New York City.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

On a 2 week tour of the east coast we were in NYC for valentines and I was looking for something different for myself and my wife, and I found the valentines dinner cruise.

I was expecting a wonderful even and was let down by the service.

We arrived and were seated where our waiter informed us that he would be on hand to sort out whatever we needed. We were brought a complimentary glass of champagne. Our dinner order was then taken and we were made to wait.

Firstly the boat left about 30 minutes late, however it arrived back promptly.

Our starter arrived and by this time our drinks were empty. I informed the waiter that when booked I was offered a complimentary bottle of champagne, he said that he would arrange it, 30 minutes later it had not arrived, so I asked again.

After 1.5 hours of board we had only had our starter, our drinks were empty, despite asking at least twice, we had also had to ask for our break rolls which were getting given out sporadically.

Our dinner arrived, however at this point we were starting to get fed up and were right by the statute of liberty. So we had an option, let our dinner get cold and look at the view, or ignore the view and eat our dinner. To be honest if I wanted to sit inside a restaurant all evening I would have done that...

Our main course plates were taken 2 hours 15 minutes into the 3 hours. I found the manager and told her how fed up that we were and magically the free bottle of champagne turned up. By the time the deserts were cleared away we were back at the dock and it was time to go home.

What I was expecting was a a dinner cruise, with good service and good food. Spent 1-1.5 hours eating, then some time enjoying the city views and then the disco.

What we got was a long wait for what was promised to us. There were alot of staff but no one seemed to know what they were doing.

This should have been a fantastic romantic evening and I was truly let down. The sad thing is that the food was really good!!! We started to enjoy the last 30 minutes but that might have beeb more to do with the champagne.

Avoid these guys like the plague.

3  Thank KieHugh
ManagerNYCL, Manager at World Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience on our cruise. Please contact me at kterrey@nycl.com to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The evening we went on was basically a company function which took over virtually the entire boat and we were put on a table at the end near the bar. The food was average and nothing really special. The price is not cheap and they seemed to be constantly wanting you buy more drinks. We do appreciate that in America there is constant tipping but when they suggest a 20% tip on the total price of the trip (which we had already paid for back in the UK) and not just on the additional drinks on the evening it becomes very expensive. Our tip is save your money, go on an evening cruise trip without the meal and then splash out on a gorgeous meal ashore afterwards much better value.

We are sorry to hear that your trip was disappointing for you. I will pass on your comments. The ticket price you paid back in the UK includes service charges and taxes, the gratuity is not included. I apologize for any confusion regarding the price breakdown. Please contact me at kterrey@nycl.com if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Again a great time at World Yacht. I love coming here and have suggested World Yacht to many people. It is a great deal, not only do you get to have a nice dinner, the view of Manhattan from the river never seems to disappoint. I have been to other restaurants in New York city where I paid more and had to stare at a wall all night. World Yacht is a bargain. I went on Saturday to celebrate Valentines Day. “ We never go out to dinner on Valentines Day, restaurants are always too busy and hectic.” Service was great our waiter was very friendly and the food was good. We will be back.

Note: If you do not want to have a full dinner they have a lounge available with a buffet for alot less. More casual and there are sofas to sit on. I am going to try that next time.

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know about your visit.

We really appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your Valentines dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic surprise from my boyfriend!!!
Couldn't have asked for a better evening, the food was fantastic and my wine class was never empty!
Our waitress was friendly and helpful with any of the buildings we were unsure of on the skyline
The night was topped off with a cake free from the company with my name on it brought out to me with candles on!
All round fantastic atmosphere, beautiful views and brilliant night

1  Thank ashleighbOldham

Hi Ashleigh,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

Happy Birthday!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had an nice time but it was expensive for what it was. The views of New York by night were lovely. However it felt as though we were constantly having to spend money. The cruise wasn't cheap which we accepted but the drinks weren't included (apparently they aren't included in January) and were expensive. The food was fine, though my starter left a bit to be desired (supposed to be a caramelised onion tart, in reality it was half a roasted onion on a bit of pastry) main course (salmon) was lovely. Pudding was served too late in the evening. Staff were pleasant but disorganised, got the feeling they were new/inexperienced. Photos were taken at the start and the cost was $30 for one larger photo and a smaller 4x6 or $25 if we didn't want the 4x6 photo - far too expensive so we bought neither.
We did enjoy it but it wasn't value for money.

Veronica B, Manager at World Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding drinks. They are available in a package all year round. I will pass on your comments regarding the food to our Chef. If you wish to discuss your experience further, please email me at kterrey@nycl.com.