“Best Drinks Ever!”

Cuisines: Irish
Neighborhood: West Village
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed October 20, 2012

After seeing the this place featured on the food network i wanted to check it out. I ordered the herbaceous mojito and it was good, but what really caught my eye was the "yellow fever" martini. It is TO DIE FOR. I've been back several times since, and I always order the Yellow Fever. I brought my friends here today and they fell in love with the drink too. The bar is kinda dark and not very big, but its a laid back place. The service was great. Our waitress recommended we order the "Gordon's Tots" which are their tater tots with a cheese sauce (homemade, not like that orange stuff that comes from a tin can) and finely chopped jalapenos on top. They were excellent! Tasted very much like a jalapeno popper. We also got a very thin crust pizza with caramelized onions on it. The crust is almost like a cracker, but its very tasty. Not regular chewy crust pizza. Great for an appetizer. The drinks are pricey, but I dont mind paying that price every once in awhile. I come here for the yellow fever almost every time I'm visiting the city.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is not an Irish restaurant. I'm not even sure if they have food any more. They might have some unique bar food which last time I tried it was very good.

It is, however, a gem of a bar in the West Village. Remarkably it has maintained most of its local charm going on seven years now. On the weekend it can be a bit crowded and noisy but it is not a tourist destination. It's a real live local New York bar with high quality liquor and generous pours. It's not a place for tourists or bridge and tunnel weekenders. People who live and work in the neighborhood go here to drink with friends. No gimmicks. Just an excellent place to have a drink in a very pretty area of New York.

The only drawback I found is that if you are not a regular, you won't be treated particularly well. I hadn't been there in over a year and even though the bartender was the same guy I laughed with and tipped heavily in the past, he didn't recognize me and there didn't give me the time of day. Oh well.

The place is great.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Didn't eat but headed there for a drink after seeing it on The Best Thing I Ever Ate. Great neighborhood bar with friendly staff. Stayed for two drinks on a Saturday afternoon and then had to head out. Had we had more time in NYC, we would have made a 2nd visit! Look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We visited Daddy-O after seeing an episode of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network - it was an episode on drinks, and Anne Burrell's choice was Daddy-O's Herbacious Mojito. A delicious bright green cilantro/jalepeno/tangy/spicy/sweet concoction of a beverage. It was by far the best thing I ever drank!!!

Daddy-O's is a very small but nice bar, with a great atmosphere and super nice staff. We also tried the Sweet & Sour Honey Mustard Chicken Wings and they were DELICIOUS!

Definitely check this place out when in NYC!

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I could talk about the food (the "Plate", the burgers, the BLT all rock) or the cool selection of beers (Porkslap in a can anyone?) or the bartenders (okay, they are all dudes but they do a great job) but what I really want to share is the fact that a Bostonian can walk into a NYC bar and be made to feel at home. Yes, the place is small. Yes, the music is too loud for the size of the room. But gosh dang it this place just feels right! Go there, sit down, eat and drink and you will be a better person for it!