“I wasted my only Sunday breakfast in NYC here? Yech!”

Morning Star Restaurant
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 57th
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I should have left when I walked in the door, but I thought, it's a neighbourhood greasy spoon - this could be great. Lady/waitress/possibly owner who growled at me when I was seated was also my server. My rotten luck. She never verbally acknowledged me whether I said thank you or ordered. The food was as awful as the service - AWFUL. My scrambled eggs were more like a bad omelette (eg, the eggs weren't even beaten and there were gobs of white throughout). The price tag was $14 for my "English breakfast". I will not be back!

1  Thank LITTOC
There are newer reviews for Morning Star Restaurant

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Breakfast was v good at a great price. With a good range for all. Fast service with a smile. This is what was needed for to set the day up

Reviewed February 15, 2013

it was fine for breakfast busy and efficient, what you might imagine a new York Diner to be like, dont expect any fuss

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We needed a good quick hot breakfast in the area on a dreary Saturday morning, and discovered this little gem. We picked it because it was almost full, while other restaurants nearby were nearly empty. It has a very broad range of breakfast specialties--we enjoyed eggs and corned beef hash served quickly and pleasantly, and with excellent coffee to boot. Do give it a try if you're in the area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a feta tomato omelet. Quick and easy and affordable for NYC. The staff seem to be little too relaxed as they hang out in a booth next to you. That may just be the NYC way as many places are just small.