“They lost me as a customer.”

Morning Star Restaurant
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 57th
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been to morning star may times and usually the service and food are good. However, today I ate and after the waitress charged my credit card, they did not returned it to me because they lost it. I was surprised that instead the waitress being helpful, told me it was my fault and she must have returned it to me, forcing me to speak to the manager. Again, I was surprised that the manager was dismissive and they forced me to look for my card alone while they went about their business. Eventually, it was found by an employee in a stack of dirty dishes. The worst part is after it was clear that the waitress lost my credit card in a stack of dirty dishes, she did not only refuse to apology, but the manager seemed to not care less. It's too bad that Morning Star feels that the customer services is so unimportant. They lost me as a customer.

2  Thank Amanda L

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Found the morning star a day before we werw due to come home, all I can say is we were gutted we didnt find it sooner, also went there the day we were leaving. Lovely food, very filling as they were big portions and the staff were even better, really good customer service, they couldn't do enough for you.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was just down the road from our hotel, we ate in there several times and each time we were made to feel so welcome by the owners and staff. They always remembered our names and always had a big smile for us! They would also make us food that wasn't on the menu, e.g one day we asked for some garlic bread and they made it for us with no fuss. The food was gorgeous, I highly recommend the pasta carbonara and the cheesecake, amazing!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had quick breakfast here. Quintessential corner diner in NYC. Good enough food, decent service, nothing to write home about but also a plenty satisfying meal. Bright and cheery place.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We have been havivg breakfast.there all week. Only missed 1day due to Hurricane Sandy. We cannot recommend it highly enough. Great food, friendly,attentive staff and good value.
O'Neill family from England