“Wonderful Time”
Review of Oscar's Brasserie - CLOSED

Oscar's Brasserie
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street and Lexington Avenue
Transit: 6, E train to 51st Street Grand Central Terminal. Oscar’s is just inside the Lexington Avenue entrance of the Waldorf Astoria(at the lower level of the hotel). No reservations are required.
Description: Beyond-the-Expected Buffet in Casual Brasserie Comfort. Named for Oscar Tschirky, the maitre d' who defined the concept of epicurean public dining, Oscar's is the place to start the day right and recharge your weekend with Waldorf and American Classics. The restaurant is open for Breakfast on weekdays, breakfast and lunch on weekends.
Lewes, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I know there are a lot of people that have complained about the price of Oscar's breakfast but I must say that $40 for a beautiful buffet spread in NYC is a bargain! Not only is the wait staff attentive and friendly, the food is delicious and plentiful! I was fortunate to visit Oscar's twice on my visit and it was memorable both times. Great service, good friends, and awesome food. What more can you ask for?

Lewes, Delaware
“Beautiful Brunch”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was lucky enough to eat at Oscar's twice in the past week, and both experiences were incredible. The atmosphere was sleek and cosmopolitan, reminding me what a joy it is to eat a meal there. The meal was complementary both mornings which made it all that much better. The food was hot, fresh, and filling. Everything from yogurt, to french toast was available, and my server was prompt refilling my orange juice (which was delicious!). The bacon was heavenly and my made to order omelette was superb. Excellent meals all around. The cost can be seen as high for some, but to me it is a great value... $40 for an all you can eat gourmet breakfast buffet in the Upper East Side? What could be better. So, to me, the people who only eat a bagel and a glass of OJ deserve the sticker shock... Oscar's breakfast is buffet style... So eat up and enjoy yourself. Otherwise, find a bagel from a street vendor.

• Visited November 2013
Danvers, Massachusetts
“GREAT Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went for a weekday breakfast buffet and was thrilled with the spread that was offered to us. Everything was great, but the Chicken Sausage was my favorite. Service was tremendous. The staff got us anything we needed (and was even able to anticipate my upcoming requests). Will DEFINITELY be going back there next time I am in the city.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Service (and Orange Juice)”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went to Oscars on Sunday morning and had a wonderful breakfast. The service was on par (I don't think my coffee cup was ever empty) and the food was excellent (best bacon in the world). Special thank you to the staff for a spectacular weekend!

İstanbul
“Excellent breakfast and brunch”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the WA for a week and had breakfast every day at Oscars.WE can recommend it for the nice reception,the excellent choice of buffet cold/hot breakfast and brunch..the good service...

Visited October 2013