“Get the Potato Skins! ”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

Great place to catch a bite to eat, portion sizes were decent and able to catch Premier League Football (Soccer). Cleanest Irish pub I've visited in the world! Inspired how I met your mother but it's not the same pub!! Must have been 20 groups of people when we were there thinking it's Mclarens!

Reviewed January 15, 2017

We stopped in for a late night snack and drinks. The food was fine, but the service was poor. Drinks were served in dirty glasses. Probably would not return to this establishment.

Reviewed January 10, 2017

We went on a movie tour with 'On Location Tours' where they had a deal with this pub/restaurant for anyone who had been on the tour. The discount was for 15% off and was right across from where the tour ends so we decided to give it a go, and I'm glad we did. It is the pub that inspired the pub in 'How I Met Your Mother'. On first entering the establishment you are faced with photos of the cast from the popular US show and also a friendly hostess showing you to your table. It was quiet enough to be seated straight away but also busy enough for there to be a nice atmosphere for lunch. My fiancé ordered a plain burger with chips, and I had a BBQ cheese burger with lettuce and chips (fries in the US) and we both had a Pepsi each. We completely devoured our burgers! It was amazing! It was cooked to perfection and were brought to us in a timely manner. Price wise it was okay, our bill came to around $60 and that was with the 15% discount and tax added. The menu had a great selection and had some favourites from back home also. It has your typical pub grub (curry, cottage pie, steak pie, burgers etc). I would probably visit this restaurant again if I came back to NYC.

Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here mainly out of curiosity, as it was used for the inspiration of the bar in the TV series, How I Met your Mother. It was crowded, but we were seated upstairs which was comfortable and rather cozy. Wait staff was efficient, and the shepherds pie was quite good - one serving easily could be split between two people. It was New Year's weekend, so the place was very busy, but we were impressed with the quick and friendly service. Would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

We came here for lunch and a drink. Apparently this place has a " how I met your mother" theme which I couldn't care less about. We were sat at a table by the front door so that every time someone came in (which was often) we got blasted with cold air. The place was busy and our server disappeared for long periods of time. The food was OK but not great. Many other better choices.

1  Thank William S