“challenge accepted!”

McGee's Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McGee's Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #834 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 5, 2013

good HIMYM cocktail menu which was fun, although we went a second time during a busy period, and the weird bar man down stairs said they didnt have a cocktail menu.

The food was nice and quite cheap compared to other places central to time sq.

they also had happy hour drinks available throughout the day for $4.

they also dressed the place up nice for xmas

Reviewed January 4, 2013

we went here as big fans of HIMYM, and the memorobelia inside was fab to see. food was good and really enjoy the experiance, a msut for any How I Met Your Mother fans

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Swung by here on NYE, was busy but as HIMYM fans its one of those places you "must" visit at some point. Bar is typical irish-ish, staff was friendly. Shame they do not go all out and milk the HIMYM franchise more, as for now its like "We acknowledge that this place is based on it, but we dont want to go all out" which leaves you with a lot of fanboys with "legend,wait for it, dary" t-shirts.

1  Thank Magnus N
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Wandered by this place on our way back to our hotel. The positives were that the menu was fantastic. Potato soup was fab. Even ordered a pot pie to bring back to my son who was at the hotel. The negative was that we had to ask for our waiter twice. Not sure why he couldn't get back to check on use. It's very rare that I only leave a 15% tip but just couldn't bring myself to give him more!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went in with my daughter as she is a big HIMYM fan. The bar is featured in the show as McLaren's. I have been there quite a few times for drinks, never to eat. As usual the staff is excellent and the bar is pleasant and clean. I have never been there when people were trating it as a tourist sight, not a bar. It was very crowded for a mid-afternoon Thursday. One couple actually took a picture of our boot, as we were eating. The food was just so-so. My daughter had a club sandwich which was good sized. I had the sirloin burger which was over cooked and definitely not 8 oz as advertised. The waitress did treat me to a yummy mint coffee after the meal. Total cost...$50 for 3 beers and 2 sandwiches.