“Good food,friendly staff,friendly owner”
Review of D.J. Reynolds

D.J. Reynolds
Ranked #1,177 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great Irish bar owner actually born in NY but strong family links to ireland. Comfortable surroundings,friendly staff and we'll priced
We were attending a wedding in NY and attended a couple of times during our stay
Highly recommend DJ Reynolds. Ask for Denis or Vinny the barman.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

While by-chance coming across Matthew Scudder haunts, (Lawrence Block novels), we came across this charming pub across from the Parc Vendome. Siobhan was a great server. Irish and very friendly. Although we didn't eat, the food looked really good. Nice atmosphere, especially so close to St. Paddy's Day.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have stayed in New York twice in the last couple of yrs. First time we stayed at the Holiday Inn close by and we tried this excellent bar on out 1st night. Well it seemed like we had been going there for yrs and were regulars after just a few short hrs chatting to Liam. He had your whole life story outta you before you knew it. We ended up drinking here for the whole week of the holiday, usually falling out at stupid o clock in the morning lol.
2nd visit i stayed i travelled the length of Manhatten to revisit and wasn't disappointed, Liam actually remembered me even thou it had been a few yrs since id been there. Not sure if thats good or bad :). Will defo be visiting next yr when i return to New York.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The atmosphere is very comfortable...the staff inviting and hospitable. This is what and Irish Pub is all about. Being from Ireland, I know that just this alone is not enough to bring me back to a place twice in the same week...but the food...incredible! While visiting New York from Cape Cod (I live on the cape now), I came across this place and thought it would be worth a shot. We went in for dinner and stayed for almost 3 hours, it was just such great fun. My mother was travelling with us and is quite a bit picky about her food, she had the chicken pot pie and loved it. Usually she doesn't finish her plate at a restaurant, but here she almost licked the spoon. My daughter was also delighted with her meal while my husband and father (both had Filet Mignon) were quite pleased with the portions. I just had to have the bangers and mash. A real treat! Two nights later, my parents babysat and my husband and I went back for another meal and a few drinks at the bar. Definately a great place to sit a chat as well as bring your family. I don't usually post reviews about places, but we really enjoyed this Restaurant and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

After arriving in NYC from Arizona we stopped at a nice Irish pub right by our hotel called D.J Reynolds. The bar tender gave us our drinks right away and took our food order. When the food came it taste just like a home cooked meal. Our server, Shiovan was extremely polite and added to the holiday sprit.
We shared our back ground and stories with everyone and all was in a festive mood for the holidays.This made my wife and me feel very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.