“A wide-eyed surprise!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We came here on a Living Social deal. Always a crap shoot in itself, as I have found after using these often, that restaurants either look down on you as a nuisance, or treat you exceptional. Here we received the latter. From the attentive and friendly service at the start, we knew we were in good hands here. I'll get the criticisms out of the way first; the only two things that kept me from rating this place "excellent" (and can easily be remedied, I might add) is 1. the temperature. This, like many other NYC establishments, tend to get awfully stingy with the air conditioning, even when it's common knowledge that it is quite hot. Whatever, we got used to it eventually. Also 2. the music. It was a little too loud (and no, I'm not an old fogey!) but more importantly it totally did not match the ambiance and caliber of the establishment. Honestly, I think the poor choice in music selections was detrimental to the overall character of the joint. But again, these problems are minimal relative to the circumstance and can easily be fixed. On to the good stuff! Do yourself a favor and get the crabcakes. I can go on and on but trust me...OUTSTANDING! These were followed by the rest of our meals which honestly were not only perfectly prepared, but presented nicely and absolutely delicious! Dessert was the cheesecake...equally stellar. All in all a great experience and a no-brainer when you have a deal on top of it!

1  Thank Ridethewind95
There are newer reviews for Chelsea Grill

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Walking in place looks like any diner this place blew away my expectations with service and quality of food i received. Sadly wasn't around hells kitchen again to return. This place was sef a hidden gem i walked right by when meetin friend and had to back track looking for address. I will return on my next visit to NYC!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good food and drink and right by the NYC Theater District. We had lunch before a show and both the food and drink were good. Without rushing we were served a very nice meal and had plenty of time to walk to the show. We are looking forward to returning again!

2  Thank Robert C
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Delicious meal, reasonably priced, on 10th Ave., West Side.
Everything was beautifully prepared and the staff was friendly and gracious. We'll be back!

1  Thank Sandy E
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I enjoy this restaurant: the food is very good, the prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is comfortable. I was alone, so I ate at the bar and the bartender was very welcoming. I was there for a six-o'clock-ish dinner, and I had some sort of salad--the bartender recommended it--and he was right. I was here last year, and it remains one of my favorite places. It does have a neighborhood bar feel, which is a plus.