“Valentine's Day”

King's Carriage House
Ranked #2,073 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
New York
“Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Intimate dining setting with impeccable service! The food was delicious and plentiful. We passed by many times and finally made reservations to celebrate Valentine's Day dinner. I love the pre-fixe and the fact that there are only just a few tables in this townhouse.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pipsy05

“High Tea and lunch are both great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

"Did" High Tea last year and tried lunch on a weekend day. Their fixed-price brunch/lunch menu is short but has something for everyone, and at $20.95 is well priced for what you get. Start with a salad or a fruit plate--the fruit, drizzled with yogurt and honey, was unbelievable delicious, raspberries and blackberries and some of the sweetest cantaloupe I've tasted all year (where DID they get the cantaloupe in the dead of winter?). I had the chicken entree--a lot of food on the plate, and all delicious. My sisters had croissant french toast (sweet and yummy) and an omelette with crispy chunks of potatoes as a side. The omelette was perfect looking and perfectly cooked, filled with cheese and tomatoes and mushrooms. The coffee was good and plentiful-- but the only 'downf note is that it was not hot (served from a silver coffee pot--lovely to look at but not insulated enough to keep the coffee hot). We sat upstairs in the back room--a little chilly compared to the front room--but was lovely nonetheless.

Visited January 2014
Newtown, CT
“Stood Up by Restaurant for Confirmed Pre-Booking Appointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I traveled in from Connecticut with a confirmed appointment of 11:30 a.m. with Paul to discuss using the venue for my daughter's upcoming bridal shower. (I confirmed the appointment with Elizabeth, the owner, previously.) I was told by a worker that Paul was not there yet but to sit and wait. He served me tea but no food. I waited an hour while he attempted to contact Paul but to no avail. I had no contact with him whatsoever in that long hour's wait. When I went to use the lavatory before departing, there were no hand towels to use, so I had to use toilet paper to dry my hands. I expected to get an email or phone call of apology when I got home, but none came. This is no way to run an establishment. I would suggest that anyone thinks twice before booking an event here.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Grammarian1966
New York City, New York
“Charming find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

When you enter the city is left at the door. This restaurant has been here forever. We go usually for my daughter's birthday. They have created an ambience to put you back in time. The food is excellent as well as the service. You feel as if they are catering only to you. A casual and romantic spot.
Jeremy T

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Leisurely Lunch, old English elegance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Perfect place to go for an intimate, long lunch with dear friends! Lunch Prefix is a great deal and delicious. I have been there repeatedly over 8 or 9 years and Love it!

• Visited November 2013