“Fun. Tight”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Carnegie Deli is a well known classic. You can walk right by if you are not paying attention. Lot's of meat. Good pickles with your food and BIGGEST pies I have ever seen.

There are newer reviews for Carnegie Restaurant

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a shoebox of a joint with fancy waiters in what seems a very casual atmosphere. I found the fancy attire of the waiters jarring in comparison with the age old lunch joint feel of the deli. Service was good. The menu is varied and extensive. The quality is very good with an average entrée running around $25. I liked the pastrami and cheesecake; both were very good but not excellent such as is served by Katz's Deli IMHO. I also had beef brisket and that was the best I'd ever eaten. Portions were overly large and could easily be shared by two. We regretted having bought two entrees instead of one. Although the menu promised coca cola they were out; something I thought unacceptable. Lunch for two ran us about $110. Swift delivery of food but my table setting had no flatware while waiters had plenty of time to gab. I would go again but not for pastrami.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This place is highly overrated. They stuff you into a tiny space sitting elbow to elbow with other people, and charge you ridiculous prices for very ordinary food! Servings are way to big for one person, and there's a $3 plate charge if you share. Definitely marked this one off the list. There are better delis with more reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The walls are covered with signed photographs of famous people who have visited the joint. They bring a small plate full of pickles to start. We shared the corned beef reuben for $27.50 and a side of fries for $6.50. If you order the sandwich to be shared, which we didn't do, it is $3 more. I was worried that it wouldn't be enough food for the both of us, but the sandwich was just as gargantuan as advertised, and I can have quite the appetite. I wasn't terribly impressed by the corned beef, mainly because it was a bit on the dry side. Many people complained about a long wait, but they were able to find us a seat right away. It was pretty close to capacity though.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We felt rushed, sandwich was good but Never worth 17$. I saw it and i Will Never go back again. Schwarts from Montréal can sleep tight they are far away ahead from them, even though Marlon Brando didn't took a picture at the restaurant and post it on the wall.