“Dinner and a show? Go to Carmine's”
Review of Carmine's at the Seaport - CLOSED

Carmine's at the Seaport
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Neighborhood: Financial District
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My wife and I made reservations early so we would be able to have a nice walk before catching Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theater only a block away.

When we entered the restaurant, we knew we were in for a treat. This is a place for not only tourists, but locals as well. The ambiance is excellent. I knew we had arrived in New York when I saw the chandaliers and the energetic crowd.

The restaurant is family style. We weren't handed a menu--just read the choices displayed on the wall.

All I can say is, the food was outstanding and the portion more than enough for two people with just one entree. The sausage and the sauce were divine. The service was attentive and friendly but not overbearing.

We did not have trouble making our reservation for late afternoon but we've heard it can be a challenge. Call ahead. You can go casual but I'd advise dressing up a bit and live large.

1  Thank Silver_Lake23

Reviewed August 19, 2008

While in the theater district treat yourself to really good italian food. Every entree can feed a few people except you may not want to share the chicken marsala its great , also the bread basket has foccia in it. not the american version but the real thing .it's only bested by the famous san francisco foccia in north beach

Reviewed July 16, 2008

Fun place with the most food I've seen in years. Good food, but I dare anyone to eat a whole dinner by themselves.

It's best to split meals (as well as appetizers, desserts and salads) with at least one other person.

Very tasty! We'll go back, I'm sure!

Reviewed March 31, 2008

Our group of 7 ate here on Thursday 3/27/08. We had reservations for 9:30 and we were seated right away. The atmosphere is amazing I loved the feeling inside this place. The food was to die for. We ordered just the right amount of food. The portions are family sized and most serve between 2-4 people per dinner. We ordered a salad and 2 entree's for the 4 adults and 3 children we had, which was plenty. The service was outstanding, as was, the food. I suggest trying the Carmine's salad and the Lazagana....WONDERFUL!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook