“Forgedaboudit! Overpriced tourist trap.”

Casa Bella Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Bella Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,999 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I found myself in little Italy after having an amazing meal at The Peeking Duck (motts ave) in Chinatown. Casa Bella struck me as being a tourist trap however my mom was tired and neeed to rest so in we went. Now as an Italalian American myself i am weary of Italian joints in touristy areas but like i said my mom was tired. Well what a pricey mistake that was. All we wanted was desert and a drink. My mom got a slice teramisu and a cappacino and I got a slice of teramisu and a glass of milk. The drinks were good but then again its kind of hard to mess up milk. The slices of teramisu did not taste like teramisu and I know what it is supposed to tastes like. However the biggest shock of the night was the few cents off from 35 dollar bill. Yep that's right 35 dollars for 2 drinks and 2 small slices of I don't know what.

Another thing that ticked me off was the added 5 dollar tip. I have no issue tipping but 5 bucks for someone plopping down two slices of cake for two people and trust me that was the extent of the service is silly.

Advice: find an authentic family owned restaurant elsewhere in city.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well I think the title day's it all, I judged this restaurant by it's looks and made a mistake as the food did not live up to expectation, me and my son both had the meat balls & spaghetti with garlic bread, a bottle of bud and a glass of water which came to approx $56. The meat balls were bland and had no taste just like the tomato sauce, the garlic bread was terrible which left a nasty aftertaste of burnt plastic which we did not finish and like many Brits do not like to complain just pay the bill and NEVER return... The waiters were not that friendly once they got you seated, all very miserable, we were both looking forward to is first time experience to LIttle Italy which had been spoilt, oh well should have done my research, not to worry eh.....

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Traveled from montreal to nyc little italy for the first time , as my girl friend and i were strolling by side walk like previous post mention there was a waiter or possible manager/ owner out side casa bella selling his pitch and quite pushy for us to walk in . , i should have been skeptical just for that , but there was a nice seating out side on terrasse to enjoy the summer weather so we decided to give it a chance , boy what a mistake. we ordered 2 glasses of white wine , although im not a wine expert the house wine had a very bad strong after taste.but what can we do it is what it is we did not saying anything. our waiter of latino origine came to take our order and my girl friend asked for his recommendation on the the carpaccio or sea food appetizer and the waiter sarcastically answered her mame its like asking me whats better apples or oranges ! very unprofessional on his part since we are the paying customer. at this point we should have just payed for our wine walk out but being 10 pm we did not leave not wanting to chance going somewhere else at this hour. so my girl friend decided to order carpaccio as appitizer and i ordered a pizza with chicken toppings that waiter suggested . when the pizza came , i knew right away id be disappointed , it had very thick and burnt crust , a good Italian restaurant will always serve a thin crust wood oven pizza . and to make matters worst the chicken toppings were big hard chunks , forced down one slice but had to leave the rest , as for my girl friend carpacio well she also found it at best average . not worth the price that they charge . she decided did not want to order anything else as she was turned off . . so we decided best to ask fort the bill . when we did the waiter questioned us on why we asking for bill when food not finished , i normally don,t complain but i polity told him we were expecting better from an italian restaurant specially for the price they charge. he just walked away from me with my credit card brought me back bill walked away without saying anything ,
so 55$ for 1 pizza , 1 entree carrpaccio , 2 glasses of wine . being italian origine and have eaten many italian restaurants i high recommend you do research other places before going to NYC , rude service , pricy yet food is below average , the only good this about this restaurant is they offer free Wi-Fi internet where we took opportunity to research find another place to go too , and they are at good location heart of little italy , i suggest just go there for a drink avoid ordering food.

1  Thank Simon C
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped here for an early dinner on tuesday.Sat near open patio inside.Nice breezes.The sangria was delicious.All of our meals were tasty.Chocolate cake for dessert was OK.Dinner with dessert and wine soda and sangria came to approx 100.00 for three people.Service was very attentive.Bathroom up a flight of stairs,probably not good for elderly/handicapped.But otherwise a delightful meal with friendly staff.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I love Italian food, but this place was not it. Service, not good food was average.i expected better in little Italy.