“Come here now!”

Casa Bella Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Bella Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,481 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Utica, New York
“Come here now!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Quality service and a very inviting staff. We had lots of fun with Vinny and the food was very good. Try the 20 year old veal -- read the menu and you'll know what it means. You'll see what it means. Nephew ate fast!! He Loved It!! A great Little Italy experience.

• Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
Wales
“Good lunch deal”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have the lunch special which was 2 courses and good value. My husband thought his lasagne was the best he has ever had. I enjoyed my rigatoni. We sat outside and enjoyed people watching and the entertaining guy who was trying to get customers for the restaurant. It was hard to choose out of the many places in Little Italy, but we enjoyed this one.

• Visited August 2013
Savannah, GA
“An Oasis in the middle of Little Italy!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were visiting during the heat wave in July and it was HOT so this air conditioned restaurant was like an oasis. We all ordered from the specials and everyone was happy with their food. We also ordered the sangria that was very good. the waiters were very pleasant and made our lunch experience a pleasant one.

• Visited July 2013
“Horrible food, even worse service.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We got talked into going to the restaurant when walking down the street. Our family of six ordered the 10.95 special with soup and a main entree. To their credit, the soup was palatable. The rest was poor. When my husband and son's meals were wrong, I attempted to tell one of the servers. He shrugged his shoulders, as if to say "oh well." Both my husband and son walked out. When they cleared the untouched meals, I again mentioned that both my husband and son were quite upset with what they ordered. I was again told that they couldn't help me. I told our clearer a third time, who by now, was very clearly irritated with me. I didn't leave a tip.

NOW HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING...the waiter for our table, who I have only seen once, follows me out and starts YELLING at me in front of everyone on why I didn't tip him. I didn't even know this guy was my waiter!! He says I shouldn't have told the clearer, that I should have told him...Meanwhile, he is flailing his hands all over the place, and I could literally die of embarrassment. I stood firm, telling him that it was terrible service, and I was not going to tip. HE THEN FOLLOWS US TO THE CORNER! I am not making this up. I know New Yorkers, and Italians have a reputation for their temperament but come on. I just dropped 100 dollars on a crappy meal, plus I get the added bonus of a scorned husband and son, and a psychopathic waiter. This isn't a place I would recommend.

3 Thank uniquenames
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad seafood”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

In New York you have to try hard to find a bad Italian restaurant but luck was with us that evening. We wandered into Casa Bella Restaurant because of the gentlemen soliciting customers outside the restaurant with a promise of a free appetizer. We ordered four entrees and the promised appetizer. Our entrees arrived but no appetizer and when I asked about it the waiter said “he would order it if I still wanted it”, I said never mind. I ordered Sea Bass with Clams on Linguine, the Sea Bass tasted like Tilapia. I questioned the flavor and both the waiter and Manager argued with me. I decided to eat my meal and never come back here again. As I attempted to eat one of the Clams on my plate I discovered it was not cleaned properly and was chewing on sand. That was it! I sent the dish back, finished my wine, paid for the meal and left. STAY AWAY from this restaurant.

1 Thank maggie g