“Friendly place (and great hospitality)”
Review of Jeremy's Ale House

Jeremy's Ale House
Ranked #2,031 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Neighborhood: Financial District
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly place (and great hospitality)”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ok so it's not fine dining, but great change to have a bar steward who is friendly! - Its similar to a Dick's Last resort type place, but offers very good value for money and the crowd there on a Sunday night seem a pretty friendly bunch.

Visited November 2012

Scottish Highlands
“"I left my bra.....in this fine ale house"....ok, it's better than leaving your heart in San Francisco!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Wow...what an amazing place! It takes your breath away for so many reasons!

A good friend tipped us off about this place, singing the praises of the food, the ale and the atmosphere.

It was hot in New York when we were in the area, so seeking a cool drink we decided to check this place out. My husband and our 8 year old son were thrilled to enter the cool, dimly lit bar as it provided some much needed relief from the heat and the glare of the sun. But once our eyes had adjusted we began to see the full 'glory' of the place!

The interior is somewhat 'primitive' in comparison to the glamour and glitz of New York City. The floor is rough and uneven, the tables are stout and well used, and the seats are basic. Three televisions (all broadcasting different sporting events) were placed at intervals around the bar, but it was impossible to hear the commentary for the level of chatter and laughter from the young folk who were enjoying the company of friends in there. We, as tourists, clearly looked like the odd ones out - but the regulars didn't even seem to notice us. We were simply able to leisurely enjoy our ice cold drinks whilst soaking up the atmosphere and admiring the 'scenery'. By 'scenery' I refer to the collection of bras which hang from the ceiling in this establishment. My son giggled with boyish embarrassment, and my husband concluded that there were clearly some BIG girls in New York!!

Before leaving I checked out the little (BIG) girls room which was, again, 'primitive' ie pre-dating the invention of toilet paper and soap! Perhaps that is why the girls had removed their bras and hung them there to dry!?!?

I left, with my undies intact and feeling rather 'flat chested'.

• Visited August 2012
Krakow, Poland
“Delighted to see this place is still going.”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

It's been a while since I last visited Jeremy's, but what an awesome place, the atmosphere, surroundings, friendliness, food and beer are all unequalled in New York.

You not find a bar with more character in the whole of America.

This place is the best, but not for the faint hearted or fussy.

• Visited April 2011
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“Huge, delicious beer.”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I went here on a quiet Sunday lunchtime so couldn't tell you what it's like when packed, but I had a great time. The place is so interesting to look around. Bras hanging from the ceiling and the ceiling tiles decorated with drinkers' messages. Just a fun place with good beer and friendly staff. Highly recommended...

Visited March 2011
New York City, New York
“Fun place in the historic Seaport Area”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Truly a unique experience. Try it you will like it if you like fun, cheap and down and dirty. Not many places that you can get a quart of draft beer in a Styrofoam cup at a dirt cheap price. Open crazy hours including early in the morning.

Visited March 2011