“I Will Go Back”

Cafe 82
Ranked #2,613 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
New York, NY
“I Will Go Back”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I live in NYC and always pass this place by! One night I decided to try it, as I've been to most of the others in the area and I always like to try someplace I've never been to! They had a special of chicken pot pie and my son had the leg of lamb! Both items were absolutely delicious, as if we had eaten them at some upscale restaurant! These entrees come with your choice of either a salad or soup, potatoes and vegetables and a bread tray! Everything we had was delicious and the waiter service was excellent - they were very attentive and polite to us!

We will definitely go there again - heard they make great breakfasts and are reasonably priced!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lucky69

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best cafe”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I went to cafe 82 and got the deluxe cheeseburger and let me tell you it was way more than I could eat so if you have an average appetite you could split this meal the only thing I dislike is that there aren't free refills on the juice and soda but other than that it is good

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“My fave diner in NYC”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Authentic Diner, great prices, fantastic service and incredible food.
I'm fortunate enough to travel to NYC for work every year. I always stay on the Upper west side and my preferred hotel is around the corner from this delightful place. Incredibly the staff seem to have remained the same over the last 5 years I've been visiting...and its a good thing too. All the staff ane friendly and efficient and nothing is too much trouble. Food is consistently good, freshly prepared,super quick and well priced. I've turned up exhausted and jet lagged for a late supper, early for breakfast before a busy work day and for lazy extended brunches and its always good!! Don't go past the Blueberry pancakes...amazing!

• Visited April 2013
Hong Kong
“Gluten-free pancakes and waffles”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The gluten free pancakes with chocolate chips were satisfying, as was the GF waffle topped with sweet strawberries. The decor is basic diner in pastels, but the brighter lighting made it ideal for breakfast. The server was helpful and accommodating. The breakfast potatoes were not a highlight. We had a difficult time getting there via taxi as the roads were blocked for a triathlon. Sometimes weekend events in the Upper West side affect traffic, so if you aren't in the neighborhood and plan to take a cab there, make sure there's nothing special going on!

• Visited July 2013
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free Friendly Authentic NY Diner”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I are gluten intolerant yet while on holiday I really wanted the NY diner experience. This place gave it. It is quite small (maybe seats 20) but the staff are friendly and the food came quickly.

I really wanted to try an American waffle and it was great. Though you could argue that it was pricey for one waffle it was liberally covered with cheese and bacon and tasted lovely and I wasn't hungry after. My wife had a turkey sandwich which was fresh, not reformed, and very plentiful and fresh crispy lettuce and tomato. They also provided mayo for my wife on the side of her plate in case she changed her mind as she had said she didn't want it in the sandwich, which was a nice touch.

We saw a couple on the next table order a salad each and they came in dessert bowls they were so big!

The place seemed busy with locals which is usually a good sign. It is within walking distance of the natural history museum if you visit there.

Good food, tasty, good portion size and gluten free safe to boot! Brilliant.

• Visited May 2013