“Dirty, primitive and completely vile! Please avoid!”
Review of Bombay Masala

Bombay Masala
Ranked #8,522 of 16,632 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

We went following a recommendation. On arriving the carpet and stairs were filthy but we went up and in. When we opened the door the place fell silent as we were the only white European people. People were sat over the place eating on the floor.

We were told the only table was by the door and we were not welcome. We advised we could not sit by the door as it was cold and we would be in the way. We were told it was that or nothing yet other tables were empty but when we asked we were told they were reserved.

This place was filthy and the kitchen looked very dirty. We would not have stayed. Avoid at all costs. There are lots of places and this is one to definitely avoid!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a reviewReviews (130)

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The lunch buffet is no linger being offered. As such, the wait is now extremely long and the quantity of food being served is much less. Big mistake!

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch. There were one more family besides us. Ordered the food. Server was very polite. Bring us water and keep filling them up but no food. Finally food came after 20 minutes, I ordered 2 naan but 1 naan was missing, when I asked I was told "it's coming " now that I finish the naan still no naan finally it arrived. Ok food tasted ok nothing out of the ordinary but not blah either. Came time to pay the bill and surprise, it automatically added the "service charges" aka tip and to top all that off there was extra place for more tip. I understand it's a business but first of all the food I ordered doesn't cost 60$ to make not to mention the "forceful" tip that you HAD to pay. It's NYC I have to say there are better restaurants. I am just going to avoid it, I suggest the same thing to my readers. People who wrote "authentic food" here is news for them in REAL authentic food you NEVER add chunk of tomatoes in Okra.

1  Thank MIGuy74
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Delicious, hot & spicy as requested. We ordered the lamb biryani + madras, chicken tikka masala; all prepared perfectly. Staff were very friendly too, excellent service.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

The food was amazing. I picked this restaurant out from the internet.
I was very satisfied, delicious the flavor, spices were just the right amount. Had CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA yummy
would recommend and return