“Great place to eat, lovely atmosphere, nice food, good service!”

New Amity Restaurant
Ranked #2,580 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Diner
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stumbled over this restaurant after a visit to central park. Staff were very attentive. I had a chicken club sandwich with chips and it was the best club sandwich I have ever had. I would recommend this to any of my friends that were planning a visit and if we ever visit New York again, we would definitely make a point of going back.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

The Amity (note: The canopy outside reads "The New Amity.") is a good place to stop before or after a visit to the Metropolitan Museum. It's a block from the museum, on Madison Ave. A Swiss cheese omelet for breakfast was hearty and delicious. The pancakes are good, too. It's also good for dessert and coffee after visiting the Met. If it's especially busy, the waiters will let you know not to sit too long. But I've been there when it wasn't so busy, and was allowed to linger over my coffee and talk as long as I wanted. The prices are reasonable, for New York, and the service is mostly friendly; sometimes a little gruff, but not too gruff.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

a typical diner menu with some Greek options. the gyro meat in my husband's gyro looked like a prefab slab. My spinach pie was mediocre but overheated or stale so tough to cut. service was poor. I had to ask for the check (it's not Europe or Latin America and a diner is usually quick on the draw) and had to wave the check and money to get our waiter's attention. too many other places to eat in New York to bother with this one.

1  Thank viageira
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Our group enjoyed a wonderful lunch after visiting the Met Museum of Art. Wait staff was attentive and food was delicious.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

best chopped salads in town ...fresh fish delicious.....great waffles.....chicken salad made fresh daily.....salmon excellent.....