“Give this one a miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rock Center Cafe

Rock Center Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Center Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #976 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: On 50th Street between 5th Ave & 6th Ave
Transit: B,D,F,V trains
Description: Rock Center Cafe is a midtown restaurant & bar in Rockefeller Center serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & brunch with holiday dining & events available.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Give this one a miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

All 6 of us eat here for dinner and food was sort of ok (nothing special) - 2 had starters, 2 had desserts and coffee with all 6 of us opting for filet mignon steaks ...
Steaks were bland and not very tasty - total bill came to a whopping $500 - certainly NOT worth the money.
Service was good and location and general atmosphere was also good ... But overall would NOT return

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Fun on staycation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

After traveling to Europe, I always wish for more cafes in NYC. Is this place touristy? Yes, but on a beautiful sunny afternoon, it was great to have cocktails with friends at such an iconic place! The service is slow, but that worked to our advantage as we had time to kill. Prices are what you'd expect. I suppose for people visiting from out of town, they might find it a bit pricey. Well,I'm a New Yorker and I like it here. Have been here a few times.

“Avoid this Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is in an awesome location and the outdoor area is beautiful. That where it ends.
My wife and our kids (plus another child) stopped in for lunch. We saw the outrageous prices before entering but we were hungry and it wasn't going to put me in the poorhouse. Waiter sees me in a t-shirt and apparently thinks he's got some poor bum at his table and we were treated as such.
For starters, the tables wobble and they attempt to balance them with coasters and napkins under the legs.
The kids order off kids menu and we order a chicken Caesar and a burger. As wife takes kids to bathroom the waiter begins to quiz me about the kids ages. I tell him the oldest is 15 and my kids were 8 and 5. He informs me that the 15 yr old must eat an adult burger (kids menu is for 12 and under only apparently) and basically wants an ID for my 8 yr old. Silliest thing I've ever seen.
His attitude towards the suit and tie gentlemen sitting next to us was perfectly professional. His attitude towards us sucked which could only be attributed to his belief we were poor folks. Hardly.
When the check came it was about $120 to which I added $24. My wife noticed that 18% had already been added. Now I don't mind gratuity added, but it hacks me off not to be told about it. I told the waiter as we left that he really needs to tell folks his gratting the check... He didn't care.
As for the food, it was certainly edible and plenty of it for a lunch. Burgers were in no way worth $22 nor $13-$15 for a kids grilled cheese (I forgot the exact cost). We certainly will not be back.

1 Thank dwl10
“Worth coming if you can afford it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The food is great, although its sometimes served cold (like some of the soupes), and the caeser salad I ate was very tasty. The service is slow, and they charged me for a 18% tip, and then they wrote the rates of additional tips (you don't have to add unless you want). Sitting inside the restaurant isn't recommend because you miss the view and the music is loud and annoying. And most importantly, unless you can afford to pay a lot of money for food, don't go to the restaurant because the prices are very expensive.

Branchburg, New Jersey
“Slow service, cold food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to the Rock Center Café for breakfast. The server was friendly, but for a morning that was not busy, our food took a long time to come. Out of five breakfasts, one was warm, the other four were cold. We didn't have time to send them back, so we dealt with it. When spending close to $30.00 a head on breakfast, it's not too much to ask for it to arrive hot. The one breakfast that did come warm was mine. I had the French toast and it was good. It would have been very good, if it was hot.

It had the potential of being a good meal, but we will put The Rock Center Café in the category of "Been there, done that." No need to go back.