No photo provided
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 44th Street
Transit: A, C , E , N, W, R, Q, 1, 9, 7, trains to 42nd Street.
Description: L'allegria Restaurant Is Rustic And Homey Italian Restaurant On The Corner Of 44th Street And 9th Ave In The Heart Of The Time Square And The Theatre District. We Have Been Standard On 9th Ave For Over 17 Years Offering Delicious Home Made Pastas, Meat, Chicken,fish And Finally Home Made Brick Oven Fuccacia And Dessert. This Is The Perfect Spot To Dine Before Or Even After The Theater. From The Ala Cart Menu We Offer $10.00 Cash Value Discount If Your Check On Food And Drinks Total $60.00 And We Offer $20.00 Cash Value If Your Check Is $100.00 Or More Available Sunday To Thursday And From 8 Pm To Closing Friday And Saturday. We Also Promise A Very Good Quality Dinner. See You And Enjoy Your Time :)
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I purchased a groupon special which included salad, steak and a glass of wine. I did not expect much due to the reviews. We were greeted my who seemed to be the restaurant owner or manager. We sat close to others which I did not mind. Our waiter, a foreign gentlemen, was great. My girlfriend ordered a tomato and artichoke salad which was pretty good but my Caesar salad had way too much dressing. Did not enjoy as expected. The steak (being a NY strip) were somewhat fatty and not cooked to order. The fries on the other hand were pretty good. Overall, the experience was good, not great but good. What did make the experience unsatisfactory was the fact that the manager or owner who seated wouldn't stop starting at our table, consumed coffee while staying at the front and took down 3 slices of cheesecake while walking around. Very unprofessional as all other staff was working hard. Would of expected more from those who "are in charge." In retrospect, I do not regret the experience although would not return due to the manager/owner in the front!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were met at the door by the owner/manager and offered seats in the European style of being very close to your neighbors. Didn't bother us a bit, and we had wonderful meal. The restaurant was very busy and we like to see that. Thanx for a great time!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My church group and I ate at this property on December 2nd, and the food was outstanding. I had the baked trout, potato, mixed vegetables, and almond ice cream. I would definitely eat there again. This is a smallish (less than 100 seats), within walking distance of Broadway; we walked to The Lion King. The service was attentive, outstanding, and this seems to be a family-owned business. I was part of a 54 person bus group, and we all but took over this property. The owner greeted each table, and there seemed to be some regular diners.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I had a groupon for a soup/salad, steak frites and a glass of wine. We went in not expecting much due t reviews we had read. The service was amazing! The wine was pretty great. My salad was amazing. The steak was good and my favorite part was the bread! So yummy. We will go back!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The restaurant is small and on a busy street ,however a big fans of Italy and its food we were cautious of its fixe price dinners. No need for caution ,the staff were chatty and witty , the specials dinners are great value in a city which is fairly expensive for good quality food. My husband had lovely lobster with pasta,and I had great clams , the wine was very reasonable and good quality . We loved the atmosphere ,definately worth a return visit.