“Love this little museum!”

Museum of Arts and Design
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Love this little museum!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was my second time at this little gem of a museum. I love the size it's very manageable to do inside a couple of hours. They always have interesting exhibits this time I loved the Daniel Brush,and Doris Duke Shangri La exhibits.
Next time I go I will be sure to book a reservation at the restaraunt on the 9th floor with stunning views of Central Park!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Andrea K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Museum Gem at Columbus Circle”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Small museum, beautifully curated. Recently saw selections from Doris Duke's collection of Islamic art, stunning art glass, jewelry, and a great museum store.

2 Thank Laura F
USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Super location, exhibits need beefed up”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went to the Art of Scent and Doris Duke Islamic Art collection.
Museum is in a great location. Building is very nice.
The Duke exhibit was really small. It needed far more in terms of exhibits.
The Art of Scent was very interesting.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank gvlv77
New York City, New York
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Always Surprising”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

You never know what you'll find at MAD. I'm a real crafts fan, and go there a few times a year. The curators are so open-minded, the exhibits often feature truly innovative themes or materials. I don't necessarily love all the shows, but with 4 floors of galleries, you're sure to find something you'll enjoy if the interface or art, design and craft appeals to you.
Of the current shows, I loved the contemporary glass exhibit. I admired the very unusual "The Art of Scent," which is the first major museum exhibit of "olfactory art." It's very clever, allowing viewers to inhale at each display and learn the history of how that particular perfume scent was created. A lot of visitors seemed to be inhaling and enjoying, but I soon realized it wasn't really my kind of show.
On the 3rd floor stair landing, I was dazzled by the collection of 50 large goblets, most of them very rare, unique and beautiful. If you're aesthetically adventurous and curious, MAD is open late on Thursday and Friday nights, and I'm always glad I stopped in.

1 Thank carly5

Great building
Great location
Great store
However:-
We were all very disappointed with the exhibitions Nothing that I think good enough to be in this museum.

So ... I would say if you are in NY for a limited time check out the exhibitions before you go

1 Thank carolina f