“Oy”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Fishkill
“Oy”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Best advice is not to order anything special. Stick to the basics. My cousin ordered the hamburger with pastrami. It looked like heart attack on a bun but it looked good. The fries looked good as well.

I ordered the coconut curry chicken. I asked if it was spicy and was told no. It was so spicy, I had to send it back. There was also no trace of coconut, nor did it taste like curry. I got the pineapple cashew chicken instead. It was ok, nothing special.

The best thing was the service. The waitress was really friendly despite the harried atmosphere and she was really nice about exchanging the meal (which is something I have never done before).

If I go back, I will stick to the Jewish food.

• Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
NJ
“Delight in mid town”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Mr. Broadway has a varied menu of traditional kosher deli items, Israeli food, old fashioed Jewish favorites and more. Service was very good - especailly since we were a group of 16, mostly teenagers. Portions are large, the food is very tasty and the menu is extensive. You won't go away hungry.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Best Brisket @ Mr. Broadway”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I haven't been here in a while, but when I worked in the area it was my got to place for brisket - absolutely the best.
They've updated the decor - more modern. Although I did like the old place?
Order the brisket, on rye with gravy on the side. Side of fries, well done.
The slaw and pickles are super yummy.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Varied menu with traditional food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Mr. Broadway is a kosher restaurants in NYC that serves deli along with traditional jewish food, israeli food, chinese food and sushi. A varied menu that has something for someone. Food is good -- not amazing but I have never had the bad experience other reviewers seem to have had. They recently renovated it, so it has a much nicer ambience. It is open to 11, which is convenient.

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Mr. broadway”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Really fun place to eat. It was very nice without being too fancy. My daughter and i ate at the Bar area and it was a lot of fun. She had Matzo Ball soup and a burger. She was too full to finish the burger after the soup but she loved being there. We had been back in December on our drive down to Florida and when i took her to NYC for a mother-daughter trip she just wanted to go back there! I ordered the vegetable soup which was tasty and rhe salmon which was cooked perfectly - melt in your both and crispy on the outside. Although it was a huge piece i hardly left any over because it was so good. The side vegetables were okay - they tasted like they were frozen not fresh but it was overall very good meal.

Visited January 2013