“Small and Local but Really Good”
Review of Sam's Place

Sam's Place
Ranked #1,133 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place definitely has a local flair to it. Owner and wait staff greeted regulars and offers to cook 'anything' were made. Being from out of town, I did not get quite that level of familiarity but service was still attentive and my server made good recommendations both from the specials and the regular menu. The food was delicious: Calamari, penne pasta special and veal piccata. I will be back the next time I am in NYC.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Sam's Place was recommended to us by our hotel. I had asked for a small, unpretentious place with great Italian food - and Sam's delivered. The service was extremely attentive and happy to discuss the food and give recommendations. Our group enjoyed the complimentary antipasto and fresh bread, then the prosciutto and melon (a pairing made in heaven) along with arugula and goat cheese salads. The frutti di mare was very good, and I definitely enjoyed my veal piedmontese. The complimentary after-dinner drink was good (although not necessary given the amount of wine we had had). I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a friendly, tiny Italian restaurant with good food.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is very small, but the smaller the greatest. It was a fantastic gastronomic experience. The clarify butter, the olive Oil with the Gressini and the Italian bread to start was fresh and tasty. The fetutini al fruto di mare was fantastic and the Chicken with Portobello souce incredible. Great experience to Start New York.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Friendly and good food. Service staff friendly and attentive. Handy to Affinia Shelburne. Serving sizes were generous and I liked the bread basket before entrees served.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had dinner here and we were not disappointed. Service was friendly from the moment we stepped through the door. The food and wine were excellent, three courses and drinks for about £50 a head.

1  Thank MiltonKeynesBrendah