“Great location, ok price, food so so”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Reserve with OpenTable
Chevys Fresh Mex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,118 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Great location, ok price, food so so”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm from San Antonio (little Mexico), so Mexican food is all I eat most of the time. While visiting NYC the other day I had a taste for some enchiladas. I had already been in the big apple for a few days and needed a fix, plus my friend had never had Mexican food so I wanted him to try it. Now I wasn't expecting much knowing NYC Mexican food most likely cant compare to the restaurants where I'm from. Texas is closest to the border, plus Chevy's isn't an authentic Mexican restaurant. I wanted to give it a try seeing as though I didn't know where else to go. So we dined, the strawberry daiquiri I had was awesome but the food not so much. I ordered the cheese enchiladas but was surprised when I received my food. I was served 1 enchilada with a whole lot of rice and beans to make the plate look fuller I guess. lol Well that one enchilada ended up being all that I need bc it was so thick with cheese that I could barely finish it. I regretted the daiquiri bc I still had a long ways to travel all the way back to Coney Island by train and foot. lol In all the food was decent. Nothing like when I came home and grubbed on some homemade tacos though. Mhmmmm!

Vancouver, Canada
“Best Mexican in NY”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

OK , I love Mex, or mexicali or fusion, or anything from the south that resembles mexican food. My experience at Chevy's transcended the normal ! It was superb. The guacamole was prepared fresh tableside with real ingredients and prepared to my taste- spicy and fresh - lots of lime! the presentation tableside was so impressive and fast. large Haas avacados and filling! I ordered the fish tacos for the main with black beans as a side. Good call! Huge chunks of Salmon , and mahi mahi overflowed the semi- soft tacos wich were Hot and delivered to my table at precisely the perfect time. Did i forget to tell you i was greeted at the restaraunt with a 5$ off coupon before i entered , and a basket of fresh chips with delicious salsa. When you go, remember to ask for the guacamole appetizer.Enjoy viva- la -Chevy's!!

Visited March 2013
Cranbury, New Jersey
“Location is all you're getting, but food is OK”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

With a young teen in tow, and a show to see - Chevy's is perfect. The location is highly stimulating for young ones and basic Tex Mex fare is equally perfect. However, the hustle and bustle and noise and crowd, is not exactly ideal for dinner out. The portions are always healthy and decently priced. The Pineapple Coconut Margarita is divine and they are good about making virgin drinks for teens. We were seated in the bar, despite having many tables open. We didn't mind as the teenager likes to people watch, but sitting for dinner on a turning bar stool is annoying. Service was good. With adults - wouldn't return. But, with kids, you can't beat location

New York
“Surprisingly Good Mexican Food in the Heart of Manhattan”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not really a big fan of Mexican food, but when I do have it, I like it fresh and well done. Chevy's is a national chain ( another thing don't usually go for ) but on a recent evening I found myself in this one before an evening at the theater. As an appetizer fresh guacamole was prepared at the table, quite a surprise and very good. A main course of shrimp fajitas was excellent, as was a fresh salad of grilled chicken. this could best be classified as a sports bar, with a broad selection of beer, drinks and large screen tvs. Service was friendly, not overly intrusive ( I hate being asked every few minutes if "everything is alright, like they're expecting a problem) and the bill for 2 was very reasonable, under $50.00. Located on 42nd St. in the theater district, it is pleasant escape for a meal and the noise level is not so high that you can't have a conversation without yelling across the table.
definitely worth a visit. Not fancy but a good value for a meal

Pebble Beach, California
“Under cooked food, waitress went MIA”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

After receiving my meal, my waitress went MIA.

I couldn't report the under cooked chili relleno (the chili's under the egg batter were crunchy and raw). Apparently no one in the kitchen bothers to brown the chili's before stuffing them.

Never was offered a refill on chips, salsa or my margarita.

The waitress only returned at the end of my meal to drop off the bill - then went MIA again for 15 minutes.

TERRIBLE SERVICE, poor quality food and miserable chips refill.

1 Thank TiredWorldTraveler